Getting kicked for being good? fix Kick feature?

• Hello guys, yes this is my first post and i am completely new.

Just this past few minutes i have been kicked from a FFA match… yet again… after being kicked from a previous server, for the same reason, “hacking”. And yes, the problem is so bad it actually made me create an account just now to rant about it.

So basically i can initiate a votekick for anyone thats in first spot and say “he’s a hacker” and everyone will vote him off. This is stupid and frankly unfair. Just because i’m in first place doesnt mean im hacking. This is totally unfair for people like me who just want to play the game for fun. I’m not a developer, and i dont get paid to think up features for the game, but letting anyone kick anyone is a stupid feature and it must be regulated somehow.

Its getting ridiculous, getting kicked because of winning? lol, this is a complete turn off from the game. Needs to be addressed asap.

• i’m so glad that the “lolwut?” contingent has arrived! 8-)

• i’ve been banned perminantly from a clans server for winning too many matches in a row against them, and kicked multiple times from servers for the same reason. i’ve also been accused of hacking and using an over powered weapon class combination, no matter what class and weapon combination i use lol.

hopefully they’ll add an automated kick system for team killers. but until then there are plenty of servers, just join a new one and play till you get kicked again. thats what i do.

• @Dasein808:

i’m so glad that the “lolwut?” contingent has arrived! 8-)

I guess you must be that “i suck at this game, so you must be a hacker” contingent which was already here…

• @humpmasterflex:

@Dasein808:

i’m so glad that the “lolwut?” contingent has arrived! 8-)

I guess you must be that “i suck at this game, so you must be a hacker” contingent which was already here…

Yep, I’m harbl.

Pathological threads are recognizable when you’ve gamed / lived long enough.

• The vote kicking needs to be fixed so that people who do get kicked can’t just immediately rejoin the server. At least a fifteen minute cool down time as MINIMUM, up to say thirty minutes would seem reasonable.

This would take care of the hackers, TK’ing retards, and other uncategorized scum when an admin isn’t around.

In the 45 hours I’ve put into the game so far, I’ve never seen a vote kick succeed on an “innocent”.

• BTW Is there a way to kill a knight with a single overhead (that was a pretty “fast” maul I believe :) )? Today I’ve been killed like that several times in a row. The guy who was doing that scored 25-4 until he was kicked.

And maybe there were other players who were killing me (knight) in one hit.

• Oh, it’s a good thing we have another one of these threads. The other 30 just simply weren’t enough.

Guess we’re just shunning the search feature today to duplicate threads.

• @ScreamingWargod:

The vote kicking needs to be fixed so that people who do get kicked can’t just immediately rejoin the server. At least a fifteen minute cool down time as MINIMUM, up to say thirty minutes would seem reasonable.

This would take care of the hackers, TK’ing retards, and other uncategorized scum when an admin isn’t around.

In the 45 hours I’ve put into the game so far, I’ve never seen a vote kick succeed on an “innocent”.

Fixed?
    Everytime anyone been anyone been votekicked in my presence they’ve not returned due to temp ban. Same for myself when i got kicked once. So fix what essentially? Nothing is broken its up to the serveradmins.

• Global Moderator

Vote kick should only be a console command like it was. No one abused it back then.

Now the button is sitting right in front of their faces and its a simple click.

Votekick worked so well when it was just a console command. I want to see it taken Off the scoreboard.

• Has anybody else noticed that the average person automatically votes “yes” to pretty much any votekick without actually knowing what it is for, and as such many players who have not done anything wrong at all get votekicked for no reason? I was in an official TO server just now and a crapload of people were getting votekicked for apparently no reason. I was wondering what was going on, so I decided to try initiating a votekick against myself. I just typed into chat, “look at his score, he is obviously a hacker”(I was like 35-5 in the game), and that was that, i got like 80% of people to vote yes to kicking me. It is this sort of idiotic votekicking that I think will end up causing a problem to Chivalry, people instinctively agree to kick somebody even though they have no evidence of anything wrong being done. Thoughts?

• apparently winning 5 Free for all matches in a row makes people butthurt and say im a hacker.

Even though my score was like 39 kills and 20 deaths, yet other people i played with are like 45-2 and they never get kicked.

• I was on the server with you and I voted yes to your kick because you started it against yourself. And the other people that were kicked were TK’ing or just being a dick about a tk that was apologized for.

• I was there and voted yes because it was against yourself. I thought it was humourous. Now, the guy, ‘Durrrrr’ who was votekicked before that was being a jerk, so we iced him using the methods given to us. Trying to prove a point by kicking yourself was a terrible idea because I guarantee that people looked at that, laughed and hit yes much like I did.

• You guys getting kicked all the time probably need to learn some manners.

I win many many games in a row of FFA, even with Boxing (on the right map lol), and I never get kicked. In fact I get compliments such as, ‘Damn you’re good’, ‘what class do you think is best?’ you know stuff along those lines.
    Why? I think it is because I am usually giving compliments to other players when I see some cool things happen. An archer shot me in the face with an arrow whilst I’m in melee with someone? I say 'Nice shot. <insert name="">'
    I don’t go on about how much better I am then the ‘noobs’ I slaughter, I encourage and downplay my skill. I’m not condescending to people,I know full well there are others out there better then I.

The results? Compliments at end of matches instead of kicks.</insert>

• you guys dont even know, sometimes i get kicked b4 ive even spawned because of my clan tag.

• Closed because there are far too many of these threads around with how people are getting kicked for being sooo good.

• You’re not the first person to post about vote kicking being a problem. Why would you call one against yourself anyways?

• I got kicked 3 times last night so now I see what people are talking about. The reason I got kicked was because I was leading the server. Never did anything wrong but everyone voted me off. Very lame and same reason each time. 3 different servers 3 kicks. If you don’t know what you are kicking for, why say yes? That’s just idiotic.

• Oh, more crying about getting kicked.

I haven’t seen this before.