How to Unban Players

• My clan runs the most popular duel server in Europe. We ban 20-30 people per day from the server for breaking duel rules. Unfortunately sometimes we make mistakes and ban the wrong player or a we decide to give a player a second chance.

Currently, the only way we know to remove a ban is to delete ALL banned users via the UDKGame.ini file. As you can imagine this is an inefficient and annoying way to unban people.

When I look at the UDKGame.ini I see a list of banned id’s.

PPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=##########,B=#########))
    PPolicies=DENY,
    PPolicies=DENY,
    PPolicies=DENY,
    PPolicies=DENY,

If I want to unban only one of these five people all I need to do is remove the right Uid. However, I cannot tell which Uid belongs to which player so I must remove them all.

Can somebody please explain what a Uid is and how to get a players Uid?

• hello

for the moment I think it will be correct to play for the server administrator

actually I also have a list of players ban but can not find to remove a player who makes a request Deban

must all cancel service list for unban the player you want

• bump

• come on… will somebody give me a proper response?

• Ok, from what I’ve gathered to get the SteamID from the banned UID…

First check if the A part of the UID is even or odd then do the following:
    Even:
    STEAM_0:0:(A/2)
    Odd:
    STEAM_0:1:((A-1)/2)

I’ve checked some of the players we banned from our server and the names seem to match.

Edit:
    A simpler way to do it
    Take A turn it in to hex (8 digits) append it to 0x01100001 so you get something like 0x01100001XXXXXXXX convert it back to decimal and you have the steam id used with http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/

• Thanks…. will test it out.

See this is what I love about Chiv. The developers make everything logical and simple… :|

• Very interesting, but none of the ID’s I had were working, I’m missing something.
    Can I send you a pm ?

I’ve found an A with only 5 digits :o

• It works perfectly. Here is a copy and paste of the guide I put on my clans forum.

If steam ID starts with 0:0:, follow guide one. If steam ID starts with 0:1, follow guide two.

Guide One
    Steam ID – 0:0:52975030
    Take the number after the last colon and multiply it by two.
    52975030x2=105950060
    Search for and delete the the ban ID in UDKame.ini. It will look like this.
    ——————————-
    IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=105950060,B=17825793))
    ——————————-

Guide Two
    Steam ID – 0:1:16587789
    Take the number after the last colon and add one and then multiply it by two.
    (16587789 + 1) x 2 = 33175580
    Minus one from the resulting number
    33175580 – 1 = 33175579
    Search for and delete the the ban ID in UDKame.ini. It will look like this.
    ——————————-
    IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=33175579,B=17825793))
    ——————————-

• If the developers would just put in a proper rcon system that has detailed logs etc, so we could use something like Big Brother Bot to admin our servers, it would make things infinitely more easy.

• The admin command “adminunban” now gives a list

Deliberate necro because this needs to have an answer that isn’t shit, because people still don’t know how to do this and not even the official documation: https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Administrator+commands contains this command.