Shut up and take my money.

• I’ve been waiting for a game like this for years.

My only gripe is that I wish it would include different classes, i.e: Mages, Archers, Thief, ect. (kind of like the elder scrolls game)

BUT, I’m all for the authentic medieval feel.

Something I would love from this game would be to do a similar system like TF2 where players are able to equip items and customize their character. An item mall would definitely be appropriate for this game. :)

Paid or F2P, I’m willing to shell out money to play this. The video demonstration looks fantastic.

I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. :P

• I wanted to see those classes too but after a few conversations in the forums the Devs stated that the original design of the game was to have a “hollywood realistic” medieval game focussed on melee fighting. So including magic, mounted or non combat skill classes would completely change the concept of the game.

It’s like telling the UFC Undisputed Deveopers to include fireballs, powerups and fatalities in their game.

No need to mention that it is too late now to even consider adding something like that since there is only the tweaking and polishing left to release the game.

Don’t get me wrong though. I do like your idea since as i said earlier i wanted to see those classes in the game too and i do hope though that we might get something like that as an expansion if all goes well with the current game.

Finaly i’m also growing impatient on the time that the “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY” will take effect.

• @georgatos7: Mounted combat is something the devs have expressed a big interest in doing as some kind of DLC in the future, but there’s just no way to realistically include it in the base game without hugely delaying it. And you don’t have to be impatient for much longer:
    @Tibberius:

The game is coming out this fall, no locked in set date yet, but we are getting close!

As for character customization: as far as I’m aware, this will be in the game (unless my info is out of date and priorities have changed), and you won’t have to pay for it. There might be progression-based unlocks tied to achievements, but no cash shop. However, the customization options will be strictly cosmetic. No grinding 5000 decaps to unlock the ultimate flaming sword of one hit kills, sorry. :D

• Thank you, SlyGoat.

I was wondering… do you know if the game will be able to have custom servers where the player slots can exceed 60?

• @Terry:

Thank you, SlyGoat.

I was wondering… do you know if the game will be able to have custom servers where the player slots can exceed 60?

It’s very possible, but I’m not sure if the game would be playable with that many players, since the net code is being optimized for 32 players max. You’d have to ask the devs about that one.

• @SlyGoat:

No grinding 5000 decaps to unlock the ultimate flaming sword of one hit kills, sorry. :D

The Ultimate Flaming Sword of One Hit Kills? Sounds good to me.

• Glad there is no such things as the ultimate flaming sword. Or the special plating armor that save you from getting your head cut off.
    I hate those stupid buff.

• I would donate $1,000 to get this game released now.

But seriously,
    I know you want to work on a quality game. I’m sorry if my inquiry from above was rushing you.

If you really want me to donate I can donate $250. :P

Now does that rush you?

• I’m not a developer, but I’m sure they’d be happy with you just “donating” however much the game costs to purchase when it’s released.

• I also can’t wait to give up my money for this. I really hope you guys have a good showing on release day. I’m glad to hear it’ll be released on steam, that will give it maximum exposure on PC, and hopefully you guys can find a sweet spot on price to give you a healthy revenue while still remaining enticing enough to those who are weary of indie titles. I wonder what the thoughts have been for advertising, it’s so costly, but done right it can really give you a good ROI.

I’ve been spreading the good word and linking the footage to lots of friends and there’s definitely a lot of excitement brewing with us. We all ended up hopping back into AoC to taste glory a few more times these past couple of weeks.