All of a sudden: HIGH PING! Help please.

• Hello all.

My problem is the following: recently (as soon as…2, 3 weeks ago) everytime i try to play, i start the game with the normal ping (70ish…80ish) and 10/15 minutes later the ping jumps to 500ish…400ish.

With no apparent reason. In other games (BF3, WoW etc etc) the ping is as low as usual (50ish, 60ish) and stable. But for some odd reason it spikes like crazy in Chivalry.

My pc is the following:

i7 920 @3.4ghz
    12 gigs of ram
    GTX570 twin frozr 3 OC edition

Internet: 20MB connection connected by ethernet cable to my pc.

I can play the game 60 fps stable and the lag im reporting here is PING/Internet lag, it’s NOT fps lag.

As anyone esle experienced this, IS experiencing this?

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Sir Lvso the Insane.

• Does it happen on every server?

• yes. it’s quite random tho. It seems to be better lately. But even on european servers i start with 60ish fps then…puff 200ish.

It’s not always, but quite often and on every server.

• @lvso:

yes. it’s quite random tho. It seems to be better lately. But even on european servers i start with 60ish fps then…puff 200ish.

It’s not always, but quite often and on every server.

It’s hard to say what the cause could be. It could be any number of software that you have installed on your computer (for example, if Google Drive tries to sync on my computer, it destroys my ping in-game). There could be an issue with your ISP or some router between you and the Internets throttling the packets or your router may not be able to cope with the amount of packets being sent/received and drops them.

• ok ill look into the google thing.

• When the spike happens again.

-Alt Tab out of the game
    -Press Ctrl Alt Del.
    -Task Manager
    -Performance tab
    -Resource Monitor(bottom right)
    -In the Network tab which is the last tab, look at the processes using bandwidth. You should only see what you have open, if there is something you don’t recognize using a lot of “B/sec” right click it and “End Process Tree”. See if that helps the ping.

If you want me to discretely take a look and see if anything looks fishy you can PM me what is on that list if you are unsure what belongs. Because stuff like svchost and Isass are normal stuff.

• Yep same here, happened since a few months ago. Seriously frustrating.

I bought this game. I tried EVERYTHING! I bought a new adapter FOR THIS GAME! AND NOTHING! It still doesn’t work. I’ll try what ChuckingIt suggested.

This better works! I understand Steam’s no-refund policy, especially after about 105 hours into a game, but it’s unfair how you buy a game in it’s decent state and only after you can’t possibly get your money back you have to fix bugs every fuckin day.

It’s been a while since I played a game without bugs I had to fix myself… :(
    (And yes, this only happens in this game, so I’m blaming Chivalry for this)

Sorry for bumping your thread.

• nah, there’s just some server crap going on. lots of people are having random spikes of up to 900 some ping.

i was in a game once, where everyone’s ping shot up huge, most had 200 or 300, one had 80 something, and only i remained at my normal around 44 ping. i felt so special.