Aesthetics changes

• There are some minor things in terms of animation I think could be changed to make the game look a bit better. I will try to be brief. The suggestions are merely to give things a more varied and accurate feel to them.

Vanguard Running Animation with the 2 handed swords could be changed so that they shoulder the sword like people did in reality, those were heavy and holding it up would be tireing.

Double Bearded Axes were never actually used in war all. You could have exactly the same weapon but make it single bearded. Maybe like this.

Vanguard Spear Stance is a bit odd, having it be overhanded. It would be more accurate if the stance was like this
    Or just Underhanded.

I am a big history buff I just enjoy these things, and I feel like chivalry is doing a great job making the gritty stuff imersive already. :)

• There’s already a single bearded axe. The double axe is there mainly for flavor and because it was an iconic weapon in Age of Chivalry. Chivalry isn’t meant to be authentic, just semi-realistic; hence no dragons or wizards, but borderline ridiculous weapons such as the double axe and grand mace just add a bit of flair you don’t quite get from authentic weapons.

For the animation touchups I agree - plus they’d look more badass. Though, the stance shift to holding your weapon up while sprinting is important to know when your sprint attack is ready as a Vanguard.

• @SlyGoat:

[…]For the animation touchups I agree - plus they’d look more badass. Though, the stance shift to holding your weapon up while sprinting is important to know when your sprint attack is ready as a Vanguard.

And I think it would look better in the reverse of what it (sort of) is now: normal running you have the sword resting on your shoulder, ready to sprint attack it comes up at the ready and more fully into view. Makes a lot more sense imo and looks better, the “holding sword straight up while sprinting” just looks kind of ridiculous, but this applies to knights too I believe.

• Yes; there is a lot of holding weapons aloft whilst running, you’re right it is a bit daft.

• @Reginhard:

Yes; there is a lot of holding weapons aloft whilst running, you’re right it is a bit daft.

Nah bro, they all lift.

• @lemonater47:

@Reginhard:

Yes; there is a lot of holding weapons aloft whilst running, you’re right it is a bit daft.

Nah bro, they all lift.

Like my maul. Which I then bring down into your skull.

Anyways, about this - new animations, YES.

• I agree that the double axe is no biggy. I just think it looks a bit silly but that is just me:P though implying that is the same as wanting wizards and dragons might be overdoing it a bit……

Other than that I am glad other people think that the correct stance would make them look more intimidating. I think it should be intimidating to face a vanguard in a 1v1 melee.

• @KittyKitsune:

I agree that the double axe is no biggy. I just think it looks a bit silly but that is just me:P though implying that is the same as wanting wizards and dragons might be overdoing it a bit……

Other than that I am glad other people think that the correct stance would make them look more intimidating. I think it should be intimidating to face a vanguard in a 1v1 melee.

If the VG has a Halberd, then I think anybody who’s used the things or knows someone who’s good with it is intimidated.

• I ment visually :P

• @KittyKitsune:

I ment visually :P

Alrighty then :P

• @lemonater47:

@Reginhard:

Nah bro, they all lift.

Can’t see anyone really running around with no enemy sight holding weapons in the air, it’s a small rather unimportant animation tweak but it would IMO add to the realism of the game.

• @Reginhard:

@lemonater47:

@Reginhard:

Nah bro, they all lift.

Can’t see anyone really running around with no enemy sight holding weapons in the air, it’s a small rather unimportant animation tweak but it would IMO add to the realism of the game.

Eh, maybe.

• It is a small thing, but hey the art team needs stuff to do aswell ^^ and it would just look cool.

• Yes. Yes it would.

• I am actually suprised at how good the community is in this, I rarely dare to post on forums as it seems suggestions often gets flamed.

• @KittyKitsune:

I am actually suprised at how good the community is in this, I rarely dare to post on forums as it seems suggestions often gets flamed.

Ahaha ^^. I just hope all the noobs who scream “HACKER” at me because I got a 10:0 score never find this forum…

Anyways, I like the community as well :D

• @SlyGoat:

There’s already a single bearded axe. The double axe is there mainly for flavor and because it was an iconic weapon in Age of Chivalry.

He doesn’t mean the double axe, he means the two handed bearded axe. Two handed bearded axes just didn’t exist because they were mostly used for fighting with shields to catch and pull down your opponent’s shield. I think a good way to fix this would be to just switch the heads of the bearded axe and the dane axe, which was historically a two handed weapon.

• I could not agree more with the sword on the shoulder when running (but not sprinting) and the change of grip for spears.
    The spears are held really weird, and both the overhead and thrust attacks have awkward grips.

• @grappo:

@SlyGoat:

There’s already a single bearded axe. The double axe is there mainly for flavor and because it was an iconic weapon in Age of Chivalry.

He doesn’t mean the double axe, he means the two handed bearded axe. Two handed bearded axes just didn’t exist because they were mostly used for fighting with shields to catch and pull down your opponent’s shield. I think a good way to fix this would be to just switch the heads of the bearded axe and the dane axe, which was historically a two handed weapon.

Actually i ment double bearded axes were never used in war ever by anyone. And so many games think it’s badass cool to have one in but all it really shows is that someone in the first place never looked into how an axe works. Double bearded axes have just not been used by soldiers in war, ever, atleast not proveable.

• What do you mean by “bearded axe” then? There’s only one bearded axe and it’s got one head.