Disarming your Foe?

• Is this abillity in the game? After hearing about the directional swinging/blocking, a perfect block/parry should have a chance of making your opponent drop his/her current weapon in hand.

• Probably not, because that would not be fun for the guy on the receiving end.

• @Swords:

Is this abillity in the game? After hearing about the directional swinging/blocking, a perfect block/parry should have a chance of making your opponent drop his/her current weapon in hand.

Chance-based events will not be in the game, I can tell you that much right now.

I seriously doubt any kind of disarming will be either, though if it was a specialty of a specific attack on a specific class, and simply tossed your weapon some distance to the side and forced you to use your secondary weapon until you retrieved it, I could see it sortof working. It would be an interesting gameplay mechanic. The attack would have to have a serious window of opportunity to take advantage of though, since it’d be one of the only things in the game you can’t effectively parry against barring ranged weapons.

• Lets face it, every battle would turn into a contest of perfect block.
    Of course it would require some skills and training (wich to me are the same thing) but that would still change the way we act in battle…
    Stalemate.

• @N0xdog:

Lets face it, every battle would turn into a contest of perfect block.
    Of course it would require some skills and training (wich to me are the same thing) but that would still change the way we act in battle…
    Stalemate.

Yes, that’s definitely another issue. Anything that can disarm someone would have to be an offensive maneuver, not a defensive one - otherwise combat slows to a crawl and you get the awful staring contests of waiting for the other guy to make the first move so you can easily counter it like we see too often in AoC.

• I already posted a thread about this. The devs haven’t responded much in the past days. Also, try not to make multiple threads about the same subject.