Animation Not Found!!

• 1. PlayCustomAnim 3p__DodgeFland_new, CustomChildIndex: 1, Animation Not Found!!

The error above is the last entry in the Chivalry Logs, I was looking because this game shuts down my computer.
    The gameplay graphics are configured to low and false for lighting/shadows etc (not going to list all false settings). The game keeps crashing my PC. I play many games and Chivalry is the only one that crashes it. There is a pattern here and my assessment is that the game probably cannot handle the amount of missing objects (bones, animations, etc) which lead into an unknown state for the game.
    Your thoughts are most welcome, I have attached my full log and here are a few more example errors below.

More example errors in this instance of my log.
    [0260.44] Log: AActor::SetBase : Bone (b_shield_1) not found on AOCPawn_20 for UTEmit_BloodSpray_18!
    [0261.43] Log: AActor::SetBase : Bone (b_shield_1) not found on AOCPawn_20 for UTEmit_BloodSpray_19!
    [0262.06] Log: AActor::SetBase : Bone (b_shield_1) not found on AOCPawn_12 for UTEmit_BloodSpray_21!
    [0262.08] Log: AActor::SetBase : Bone (b_shield_1) not found on AOCPawn_12 for UTEmit_BloodSpray_22!
    [0273.96] Log: AActor::SetBase : Bone (b_shield_root) not found on AOCPawn_25 for UTEmit_BloodSpray_39!

• Just wanted to add that this game is worth the wait for a fix, I’m loving the gameplay, it’s really unique.

• It sounds like something got corrupted. You need to verify the integrity of your game cache. Hitch means a repair install. If you don’t know how to do it the instructions are below.

Right click on chivalry in steam.

Click properties

Click on the local files tab

Click verify integrity of game cache.

This will scan you game and will reinstall any corrupt or missing files. It doesn’t take long.

Post back if it works or not.

• When I validate, it doesn’t move from 0%. This steam feature doesn’t appear to be working.

• Ok, so when i restarted the game (after seeing the validation progress bar not moving) the validation appeared to “start” and validate. Once in Chivalry, I played for about 5 minutes and it shut down my computer.

• Also, these events are in my windows event log:
    Faulting application UDK.exe, version 1.0.10246.0, time stamp 0x50bd4c27, faulting module steamclient.dll, version 1.61.88.88, time stamp 0x50d2253a, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00209a29, process id 0x1780, application start time 0x01cdf1d0a94e148d.

Failed to create restore point on volume (Process = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown\DXSETUP.exe Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown\DXSETUP.exe" /silent; Descripton = äx{v; Hr = 0x80070057).

• Is there an event in the log that’s a “critical error”? And is that error called “kernel power error 41”.

If it is that means its to do with your computer. I get errors all the time to do with chivalry but none o them kill my computer.

I had this problem with my computer shutting down for 9 months. I thought it was just battlefield bu it starte doing I with more and more games. 9 months for me to find out it was a component failure. Problem is there is no cure for it on the Internet. That’s if it is my problem.

• I have played skyrim on this computer, not sure there is any game as resource intensive. Also, I played Guild Wars 2, WarHammer Online, League of legends, Heros of Newerth, world of tanks and a few more games on this PC.
    Also, which log are you referring to? I checked the windows log and found no critical error.

• @bazuk:

I have played skyrim on this computer, not sure there is any game as resource intensive. Also, I played Guild Wars 2, WarHammer Online, League of legends, Heros of Newerth, world of tanks and a few more games on this PC.
    Also, which log are you referring to? I checked the windows log and found no critical error.

Ok that’s good. That’s the log I was meaning. And if its not there then You don’t have my evil problem.

On the downside we don’t know what your problem is. And chivalry is actually more resource intensive than skyrim is. I get 60 fps on skyrim with graphics packs and I get around 40 fps on chivalry. Both running on he highest settings. (With a little AMD 5670, unbelievable isn’t it)

• I just unhooked my dual monitors, currently only running one monitor and the game is running smoothly :)

• @bazuk:

I just unhooked my dual monitors, currently only running one monitor and the game is running smoothly :)

Oh you should have said that. The game has various bugs with duel moniters.

What graphics card do you have?

• GTX 580 - Nvidia

• Also, I should note, my second monitor is actually a Wacom Tablet. There may have been contention for the mouse between drivers and services.
    Also, the game has not had a hiccup since switching windows to my main monitor only.
    This game is badass.