Got kicked, trying to figure out what I did wrong.

• I got kicked from an official team objective server just a moment ago, with no reasoning behind why.

http://www.twitch.tv/aerongaming/b/356687518 (Video of the game. IT goes from about 1:13:x to the end of the video, where I got kicked and just ended the stream because I wasn’t sure what was happening. You’d be ok probably jumping to any point between there.

I believe there’s some slight(maby more) swearing and such in the commentary, and honestly a little BM due to my being unhappy about my score. But if anyone can tell me what I did to get kicked, I’d love to figure it out so I don’t do it again.

I’m waiting till the next major patch to work on some content, so keeping a good appearance and not pissing off people in the server is important to me, so im asking GD for some help figuring out what I did. I thank anyone who helps me out in advance.

• I skipped to the 1:13:00 mark and was watching until you shot straight teammate knight and then blamed him (not in game, but out loud) for getting in the way.

I… I just can’t watch anymore.

But it could be from seeming afk while you were fixing your mouse?

• Just people being arses with Votekick as usual it seems.

Next patch will have higher default Yes votes required.

If it keeps happening on an official server, (without any reason given), then shout one of us mods from the Steam Group.

• Wasn’t the minimun % required to kick somebody already raised? Me and my mate kept being kicked alternately because we were on top of our team scoreboard and it failed each time because the needed 72% and only got 55% or so every time.

• I reported two votekick abusers. By said I was a teamkiller that someone else was a hacker. And they initiated votekicks against anyone who complained about something.

Can the votekick go back to being a console command.

• @lemonater47:

I reported two votekick abusers. By said I was a teamkiller that someone else was a hacker. And they initiated votekicks against anyone who complained about something.

Can the votekick go back to being a console command.

It’s certainly being abused not sure that going back to console is the solution; IMO showing the No. TK in the last 5mins would help.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Wasn’t the minimun % required to kick somebody already raised? Me and my mate kept being kicked alternately because we were on top of our team scoreboard and it failed each time because the needed 72% and only got 55% or so every time.

Server operators can change the minimum yes vote %, so you were playing on a server that had it increased. The default is still 55% but will be raised to 60-65%; server operators will still be able to change it to whatever they want, or disable voting entirely, but on official servers votekick will remain enabled by default with the new value.

• @KingOfPolarBears:

Wasn’t the minimun % required to kick somebody already raised? Me and my mate kept being kicked alternately because we were on top of our team scoreboard and it failed each time because the needed 72% and only got 55% or so every time.

Depends how lucky you are really, some people will just click “Yes” without even asking why.

I set a votekick on SlyGoat for the laugh the other day when I was about to log off, and it actually worked, with no explanation or anything whatsoever. They all just clicked Yes and booted him, despite him actually doing well. I felt a minneh bit bad, but giggled about it for yonks after. XD

• Well that was on the Vq server, and everyone knows people who play on the Vq server are dicks.

• @SlyGoat:

Well that was on the Vq server, and everyone knows people who play on the Vq server are dicks.

This.

• @SlyGoat:

Well that was on the Vq server, and everyone knows people who play on the Vq server are dicks.

No comment. ;P

And tbh I didn’t really expect it to work, which made it more fantastic when it did. Especially with the three letter response afterwards. XD

<3

• It seemed like you might have been lagging a bit, could have frustrated this hobbit.

Were you talking in VOIP chat?

@SlyGoat:

Not sure if sarcasm but the majority of Vq clanmembers I find on their duel server are very annoying and don’t follow the proper dueling etiquette. This is true of many clans on their home turf, but Vq and sword of valor (did they disband?) are a particular nuisance

• I don’t consider Vq’s duel server to even be a duel server.

• Sheesh, mods abusing the votekick system. Why am I not surprised… :roll:
    Slygoat even tried to use it on me, thankfully I was logged in as admin, thus he failed!

I am proud to say I have yet to use votekick…

@SlyGoat:

That includes yourself too right? Since you’re always there :P

@Mike_Effing_Jones:

Not sure if sarcasm but the majority of Vq clanmembers I find on their duel server are very annoying and don’t follow the proper dueling etiquette. This is true of many clans on their home turf, but Vq and sword of valor (did they disband?) are a particular nuisance

Not sure what you mean about that, because for the most part our duel server is used as a duel server. Of course the other day when it was empty, a group of 3 friends went on and decided to keep it for themselves, thus they votekicked out anyone who joined. So I had to go on and take care of that nonsense. And sure, once in awhile we’ll have our fun, and why can’t we have fun too?? But since I took the password off the server, it’s been pretty much used as a duel server… It just so happens that if I join it and one of the goats are on it, then they insist on killing me. QUITE annoying. So yes, you can blame some of the members, but not all. I only know how to make it more lively and exciting for all! ;)

• And I am glad I got the game for singleplayer. (VS Bots).

• @Jusey1:

And I am glad I got the game for singleplayer. (VS Bots).

throws confetti for you

We use bots too… When we want to play for fun on the duel server and mess with Mike_Effing_Jones.

• @Kimiko:

@Mike_Effing_Jones:

Not sure what you mean about that, because for the most part our duel server is used as a duel server. Of course the other day when it was empty, a group of 3 friends went on and decided to keep it for themselves, thus they votekicked out anyone who joined. So I had to go on and take care of that nonsense. And sure, once in awhile we’ll have our fun, and why can’t we have fun too?? But since I took the password off the server, it’s been pretty much used as a duel server… It just so happens that if I join it and one of the goats are on it, then they insist on killing me. QUITE annoying. So yes, you can blame some of the members, but not all. I only know how to make it more lively and exciting for all! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

“the majority of Vq clanmembers I find on their duel server are very annoying and don’t follow the proper dueling etiquette.” has nothing to do with questioning the purpose of the server, three randoms occupying it, telling you not to have fun, any sort of goat herd assassinating you, or blaming all of your clan members. I simply stated that most of those I have seen: are very annoying and don’t follow proper dueling etiquette.

• Just RAGEQUIT and find another duel server. Problem solved. I don’t play with idiots.

• @lemonater47:

Just RAGEQUIT and find another duel server. Problem solved. I don’t play with idiots.

There you go Mike. Listen to this guy ;)

• Don’t worry! I know Vq duel sever sucks. So just head on over to the Lg Duel Server, and enjoy duels how they are meant to be. Located in Texas so its pretty equal for all coasts!