Make Stationary Taunt Regenerate Health

• Making stationary taunt regenerate health would add a risk/reward mechanic to taunting and offer a quick way to get back in the fight if you are hurt but surrounded by allys.

• IMO a good idea, as long as we aren’t talking about super-charged regen.

• People taunt all he time. And what you mean is battle cry. I don’t think its a good idea.

• @lemonater47:

… And what you mean is battle cry…

Yep; it would need to be battle cry, I do enjoy “cutting” short battle crys and if you did get a small regen bonus when on your last legs I think that I’d get a few more opportunities to indulge in this aspect of the game.

• You’d have people stood “battle crying” at thin air then though…
    Since the only time you’d want to regulary stand still and do that is when the enemy would be massively far away.

(Not talking about the mobile version here btw).

• @BMF:

Making stationary taunt regenerate health would add a risk/reward mechanic to taunting and offer a quick way to get back in the fight if you are hurt but surrounded by allys.

I don’t want to see people just standing around shouting at no one… It would have to only work within X distance of enemy. It would also encourage running out of LOS, taunting real quick, then re-engaging, so the distance would have to be short. Too many downsides, but a nice idea.

• @Daiyuki:

@BMF:

Making stationary taunt regenerate health would add a risk/reward mechanic to taunting and offer a quick way to get back in the fight if you are hurt but surrounded by allys.

I don’t want to see people just standing around shouting at no one… It would have to only work within X distance of enemy. It would also encourage running out of LOS, taunting real quick, then re-engaging, so the distance would have to be short. Too many downsides, but a nice idea.

@BobT36:

You’d have people stood “battle crying” at thin air then though…
    Since the only time you’d want to regulary stand still and do that is when the enemy would be massively far away.

(Not talking about the mobile version here btw).

To prevent the actions you describe the health regen could be based on the amount of teammates within a radius around the taunting player, the more players the faster your HP regens and if no one is around you regen like usual. This would make battle crys a strategic option in the game and add to the chaos of battle.