Black Screen. :(

• I start UDK.EXE and it doesn’t give me any errors or missing file messages. It shows the banner. After some short time of waiting, a black screen comes up. I even let it stay while I took a shower and no difference. Then today I found out that the black screen isn’t really there. When I did print screen on it showed the program running behind it. Also, I can’t exit the black screen unless I ctrl alt del.

Also, I believe I have all the files. I doubt that is where my problem is.

Help me please and thanks,

Visual Aids

• any help at all?

• Hi 0506,

Please attach your Launch.log and DxDiag.txt in a reply here.

Launch.log is found here: Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

DxDiag.txt is generated by clicking the Windows Start Menu Button, typing in dxdiag into the search field, selecting dxdiag from the search results, and clicking the Save All Information button in the dxdiag app.

P.S. I heart Disney songs too.

• Well, I got a new problem now. I open the game through steam and I get the banner (the image is in the main post of the topic). Then a window pops up and it’s titled “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (32-bit, DX9).” I’m running this on a 64 bit W7 Home Premium system. And a few seconds after that window pops up, it becomes non-responsive and I just exit it.

“Launch.log” is attached below. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to be of greater assistance.

P.S. Thanks for responding and thanks, in advance, hopefully for helping me fix this issue.

P.P.S Sorry for bothering you, I’m new to Steam, I usually am able to fix my problems like these on games.

• From your Launch.log:

[0000.80] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=1

Chivalry is only finding one CPU. I don’t know what CPU you have since you didn’t include your DxDiag.txt ;) If it is a dual-core or more and it’s only seeing one CPU, check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8126

Otherwise if you do have a single-core CPU, it will not work at all. Chiv needs at least a dual-core CPU for the threading libraries and CPU extensions.