Competitive?

• So, this is a very simple thread, playing competitive in this game… how big do you think the teams are going to be? 5v5, 6v6 or (what I think is DEFFINITELY THE LIMIT) 8v8.

• What do you mean?
    The limit is 32 players so it’s up to 16 players per team.

• …I think he wants to ask how large will be the battles between Clans…

N.B.:…on Aoc what was the average of players for each team during a clanwar…?

ciauz^^,
    Jab

• @Jab:

…I think he wants to ask how large will be the battles between Clans…

ciauz^^,
    Jab

I believe 8-12 was typical in AoC depending on the era and the clans involved. There was never any real standard though because leagues collapsed too quickly.

But yeah, it’s not like the devs are going to set the standard for what’s considered the best player numbers in a competitive match. That’s up to the players involved.

This isn’t TF2 though. It doesn’t become a spammy clusterfuck when you have more than 6 players per team (well, outside of pubs where everyone is slash spamming or aiming poorly with bows), so I wouldn’t worry about 16v16 matches being uncompetitive. Obviously there are big problems with fielding a competitive team of more than 6 players for LAN events and such because of travel costs and all that, but that probably won’t be an issue unless Chivalry catches on in a big way - which I’m sorry to say I don’t think will happen, because the mainstream is still too caught up in FPS gaming.

• SlyGoat wrote:
    unless Chivalry catches on in a big way - which I’m sorry to say I don’t think will happen, because the mainstream is still too caught up in FPS gaming.

With BAD fps. God some players even say that Call of duty is competitive… :(

• it’ll probably follow in AoC’s footsteps, having max teams of 10 or 12 and min teams of about 8, or maybe even as low as 6 with the new class system.

• @SlyGoat:

@Jab:

…I think he wants to ask how large will be the battles between Clans…

ciauz^^,
    Jab

I believe 8-12 was typical in AoC depending on the era and the clans involved. There was never any real standard though because leagues collapsed too quickly.

But yeah, it’s not like the devs are going to set the standard for what’s considered the best player numbers in a competitive match. That’s up to the players involved.

This isn’t TF2 though. It doesn’t become a spammy clusterfuck when you have more than 6 players per team (well, outside of pubs where everyone is slash spamming or aiming poorly with bows), so I wouldn’t worry about 16v16 matches being uncompetitive. Obviously there are big problems with fielding a competitive team of more than 6 players for LAN events and such because of travel costs and all that, but that probably won’t be an issue unless Chivalry catches on in a big way - which I’m sorry to say I don’t think will happen, because the mainstream is still too caught up in FPS gaming.

Thats not the point, the point is that its not that easy to get more than 6 guys (who each has a life) on at the same time and play together, just watch how few of teams there is in 8v8 battlefield