[POLL] Votekick back to console command.

• Global Moderator

With many people getting wrongful votekicks initiated against them should the votekick option go back to being a console command. It will make it harder for noobs to kick people for no reason. It takes longer to type and not everyone knows it. Its also easy to get wrong.

There will always be one person in the game who knows what the command is. And by the time its initiated many people would have to complain first.

The votekick button is sitting right I from of their noses when thy look a the scoreboard. Makin them consider doing it. If it wasn’t There it wouldnt cross any trolls mind.

This will minimise the amount of people wrongfully kicked while the real hackers and team killers still get kicked. Causing far less irritation.

• ^ Agreed.

• Everyone wanted better UI for votekick before it was on the scoreboard.

• Global Moderator

@SlyGoat:

Everyone wanted better UI for votekick before it was on the scoreboard.

So did I but as you can see it causes more harm than good. Having it as a console command will mean it has the same effectiveness but with a lot less of the trolls. And more time to figure out if that person is actually breaking he rules in someway. Not an accendental team kill and instant votekick. I have seen that happen. Not to me but to others on a game.

• @lemonater47:

@SlyGoat:

Everyone wanted better UI for votekick before it was on the scoreboard.

So did I but as you can see it causes more harm than good. Having it as a console command will mean it has the same effectiveness but with a lot less of the trolls. And more time to figure out if that person is actually breaking he rules in someway. Not an accendental team kill and instant votekick. I have seen that happen. Not to me but to others on a game.

Agreed.

• I think a console command would be fine, BUT, you also have people who use those stupid weird symbols in their name and makes it hard to VK them…

• Global Moderator

Maybe the console command brings up a UI and then you get to pick from a player list.

That would be a better idea.