Keyboard periodically locks up

• Hi,

I did a quick search and could not find this exact topic (there were some similar ones, but their solutions didn’t help).

While Playing C:MW, occasionally (multiple times a session) the game stops taking my keyboard input and I’m unable to move. I can still look around and click buttons with the mouse, but the WASD commands don’t register. There will also sometimes be an audio “ding” error sound when I press a key.

Interestingly, there is a work around where I can press W for forward, hold down the ctrl button, and begin to move forward. I can continue moving around, but the moment I stop moving, I’m essentially frozen (input commands, not game) again.

I’ve got a Steel Series Merc Stealth keyboard, but am not using any custom profiles for it. Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

• @PenName:

I’ve got a Steel Series Merc Stealth keyboard, but am not using any custom profiles for it. Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do you have special drivers or other software for it installed that just isn’t using any special profiles?

For example, Razer’s Synapse software is known to cause issues with Chivalry.

• I re-checked and the Steel Series was running their z-engine software which looked to be set on something other than default. I also had the Logitech G9x on a custom profile, so I’ve reset that also. I’ll play again at my next opportunity and see if this has fixed the issue. Thanks for looking into it.

• @PenName:

I re-checked and the Steel Series was running their z-engine software which looked to be set on something other than default. I also had the Logitech G9x on a custom profile, so I’ve reset that also. I’ll play again at my next opportunity and see if this has fixed the issue. Thanks for looking into it.

Let us know if that works or not!