A way to get rid of all these votekick threads

• Global Moderator

As of recently the number of threads regarding getting votekicked for no good reason are increasing. Its because everyone is now really annoyed at it happening to them.

Rather than locking the threads which really only makes the community even angrier how about we be constructive and try and figure out a way to minimise people being votekicked.

Back at release before the votekick option wasn’t availible on the scoreboard It was only a console command. No one was wrongfully votkicked now its almost every game someone is being votekicked.

I at first thought it was a great idea to have it on the scoreboard. But now people are not afraid to use it and some find it funny to lie to others in the game and initiate a votekick against someone.

How about we make it just a console command again removing it from the scoreboard.

It still worked well as a console command. As only a few people knew the command but there was always at least one person who knew it in the game. Also it wouldn’t be instant. That means more people will complain about a teamkiller so there is more evidence for or against him so they RIGHT people were kicked. Same goes to distinguish a hacker from a legitimate good player.

And having the votekick option dangling infront of their noses is too tempting for some people.

Removing it from the scoreboard and having it as a console command will beneifit everyone and mean the good people have more of a chance to defend themselves. And noobs won’t find that button and want to test it out. And would’be trolls wouldn’t see it so the idea to votekick wouldn’t cross their minds.

If anyone posts please stay constructive, no complaints about the many times some idiot has made a votekick to you. My idea makes sense doesn’t it?

• Mm, I don’t know. People won’t like not knowing where votekick went. I don’t have any other sort of fix in my head though, so, if it was like that before, I personally wouldn’t be against it.

• Votekick reason will fix most of the issues.

As for the threads the moderators should merge them into one thread instead of locking them.

• Id just remove votekick from the game completely. It serves no purpose, other than kicking skilled players who are beating you. It happens to me all the time when Im dominating pub plebs.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

Votekick reason will fix most of the issues.

As for the threads the moderators should merge them into one thread instead of locking them.

Votekick reason will not fix anything. People will just pick some BS reason. They already do that in chat. Call you a hacker or say that your team killing everyone and thn votekick you. Even when you didn’t do it.

• This has already been discussed, and creating more threads about it is just foolish. Thanks for contributing to the spam.

Votekick is working as intended - you’re problem is with the community kicking you. Sorry, the devs can’t rig players’ thoughts for you.

If players want to kick you, they will kick you. The ability to kick will not be removed from games.

The issue is that players of Chivalry rage when they play - every teen thinks he’s the best PC gamer that has ever lived, so when you kill him, he wants to kick you from the game. Don’t like it?

Host your own server and have kick immunity. So in response to your thread’s title, “A way to get rid of all these votekick threads” - the answer is: Stop whining on the forums.

• Global Moderator

@JHoersten2:

This has already been discussed, and creating more threads about it is just foolish. Thanks for contributing to the spam.

Votekick is working as intended - you’re problem is with the community kicking you. Sorry, the devs can’t rig players’ thoughts for you.

If players want to kick you, they will kick you. The ability to kick will not be removed from games.

The issue is that players of Chivalry rage when they play - every teen thinks he’s the best PC gamer that has ever lived, so when you kill him, he wants to kick you from the game. Don’t like it?

Host your own server and have kick immunity. So in response to your thread’s title, “A way to get rid of all these votekick threads” - the answer is: Stop whining on the forums.

Well someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

You obviously didn’t bother reading my Thread at the beggining. And my way will minimise the amount of people being wrongfully kicked. Whether the person is pro or a Troll has decided to kick them. It will minimise It for the reasons posted.

This means no one would be getting annoyed and you won’t see all these posts on the forums.

Like you said you can’t control what people think they will just keep on posting people are making accounts just to complain how they were wronfully votekicked.

Th developer can control what people can do though. Making it a console command means that here won’t be all these votekicks flying around. I didn’t say to remove it completely that would be a dumb idea. I hate being kicked for all the wrong reasons. Time to put an end to it.

• No, you seemed to miss the point.

Votekicking isn’t a matter of convenience to people. If it’s in the scoreboard or a typed command in the console, people will still do it. The emphasis is on kicking you, not on the ease of getting it done.

• I wrongfully kick people sometimes

and I didn’t know about this scoreboard thing.

• Global Moderator

@JHoersten2:

No, you seemed to miss the point.

Votekicking isn’t a matter of convenience to people. If it’s in the scoreboard or a typed command in the console, people will still do it. The emphasis is on kicking you, not on the ease of getting it done.

Obviously you dot get votekicked. And you completely misunderstand the mental side of things. Did you play the game at release? 1st two weeks there was a team killer always all the time. More and more people looked for a solution and found the votekick command when they needed it. People got votekicked back then with a reason. It was all good back then. We as the players wanted a better way of doing it that wasn’t as hard. We though that a button being availible on the scoreboard was a good idea. It turned out not to be.

You can see all around people getting votekicked left and right. You only really notice when its your name there in the box. And you have no idea why you are there. Then you notice your name is at the top of the scoreboard and there is someone at the bottom yelling hacker. That’s why I get pissed off that’s why it needs to change.

Trolls are now taking advantage of this by LYING and calling you a team killer or something. That’s where I draw the line something needs to change. Back the way it was when it was just a console command was perfect for the reasons outlined above. It still had the same effectiveness with a lot less of this.

There are some people that wrongfully initiate a votekick against someone. For a hacker or team killer. THat person has more time to defend themselves as it takes longer to initiate it through the console. Rather than two clicks through the scoreboard.

Also people if you think you see a hacker DO NOT initiate a votekick, contact someone from the steam chivalry moderators group. Hey are a rapid response team. Also get hold of their steam ID and give it to one of them on the forums. If you votekick them hey will just find another server to hack on. And if they aren’t a hacker they don’t get pissed off for being wrongly convicted. The mods are quite fast and they are always on. The mods can see if its a hacker or not And ban that fool if be is.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.