Shorter Archers points

• A lot of threads are made about archers and they are very long and often say that archers should’n be in the game at all.

Archers are really not that hard to counter. Towershield+Bastard sword pretty much does that.
    If you are on a team you should have your own crossbow man, who 1 shots archer class and that would solve that aswell.

If a game is balanced every class ought to be able to do equally good. But Archers are rubish on their own, and is almost never played (successfully) in a Free for all for that reason, bows aren’t really that good as they have a huge delay and unlocking them is a pain as your victim is often ganged after you hit them once.

Archers are almost never in the top of the team unless the other team spam vanguards, they are just needed to kill easy-mode-2-handed-knight from becomming to cocky and uncontested. And a Heavy Crossbow bolt to the face of a knight doesn’t actually kill them. Which if anything is what is unbalanced.

Archers should perhaps not have backstab, insted they should have less of a delay on firing their ranged weapons.

Also the game is called medieval warfare not melee warfare, just in case anyone says it should not have bows at all.

• @KittyKitsune:

Also the game is called medieval warfare not melee warfare, just in case anyone says it should not have bows at all.

It’s also called Chivalry, but you don’t see much of that in-game so I wouldn’t take the title too literally.
    Also archer is more of a low-risk/low-reward class so it’s pretty fair that it’s a lot harder to top the scoreboard or make a huge impact on the game while playing as one since you aren’t as involved in combat as the other classes.

• I main archer, and I can top the scoreboard sometimes. However, when I do, 30-50% of my kills are done with my alt melee weapon and not with my bow/crossbow. The fact is that an archer skilled at using a melee weapon is still very dangerous and should not be considered a free kill.

Archer is certainly at a disadvantage in close combat, but it not that much of a disadvantage (unless he has a bow equipped). Most players tend to waltz in spamming attack and then gripe about how OP archer is when I block it and kill them.

• There are two easy fixes to make archers less annoying:

1. Divide the number of kills necessary for the next bow in half. Many players are still just trying to unlock everything after the sales. It really isn’t that satisfying a class to play, but people see it as something they can unlock while learning the game from a distance. So just make everything unlock faster and people will be done with it sooner.

2. Increase projectile speed. I know this has been fiddled with in the past, but it is simply stupid to seem people jumping over arrow shots at medium ranges. When an arrow to the head will not kill that Vanguard running at you anyway, it seems obnoxious that you have to be nerfed to make it even harder to put an arrow in his other eye to get a kill. People move unrealistically fast in this game, especially in full plate… right now you have a better chance of hitting a halberd or spear stab over the same distance as a you would an arrow shot. You can’t drag an arrow. There is no arc and your reload is slower.

• Global Moderator

@David:

@KittyKitsune:

It’s also called Chivalry, but you don’t see much of that in-game so I wouldn’t take the title too literally.
    Also archer is more of a low-risk/low-reward class so it’s pretty fair that it’s a lot harder to top the scoreboard or make a huge impact on the game while playing as one since you aren’t as involved in combat as the other classes.

You have a point there. When I top the scoreboard as an archer I can safty say my team SUCKS. Unless I’m using a javelin.

Javelin has more risk and more reward usually. The heavy javelin is the only weapon that can one shot a vanguard in the chest. Its probably the most damaging weapon more damaging than the maul. But its such a bitch to aim especially if you have gotten used to the other javelins.

I think a headshot with projectiles should be buffed. A knights helmet wasn’t used for protection against projectiles. Especially armour piercing ones. Maybe 4x damage rather than 2x? Or 3x damage would do it.

• @lemonater47:

@David:

@KittyKitsune:

You have a point there. When I top the scoreboard as an archer I can safty say my team SUCKS. Unless I’m using a javelin.

Javelin has more risk and more reward usually. The heavy javelin is the only weapon that can one shot a vanguard in the chest. Its probably the most damaging weapon more damaging than the maul. But its such a bitch to aim especially if you have gotten used to the other javelins.

I think a headshot with projectiles should be buffed. A knights helmet wasn’t used for protection against projectiles. Especially armour piercing ones. Maybe 4x damage rather than 2x? Or 3x damage would do it.

And at that my friend you are wrong. The main reason why knights used armor was to protect themselves against projectiles. A knight would also open his helmet only when fighting melee. I’m actually glad knights cant be one-shotted for this reason. I also suggested in another topic a realistic way to buff archers: arrows do more damage the closer the target is.

• In a Free for all

The distances usually are too small to use anything but the shortbow or the javs but neither one does enough damage. Anyone with a 2h will just swing it into crowds and kill multiple people while you try and land your 2-3 jav hits or 3-5 shortbow hits to get your one measly kill.