Please remove/nerf jump

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let this game become cod (we all know how it sucks)

ppl jumping in every direction as they start see an archer… with a full armor… at least let it drain more stamina. also characters seems to can’t even jump very low objects, it really has no use

• Would you rather them stand perfectly still or even run into the arrows?

You have to keep in mind, warriors train and condition themselves to perform well on the battlefields. They are in top shape and form and are very able to jump around in full armor… Think of it like today’s military jumping around with their huge backbacks and whatnot.

• Isn’t there a cooldown on jump already? I don’t see people jumping in my games unless for first overhead attack and than only happens sometimes.

• Are you not familiar with the famous Kangapanzersquad of Prussian King Gustav IV, circa 1354?! They trained for years with kangaroos and trampolines to allow them to leap about the battlefield in full plate mail. Since every swing of their uberpolehammers came at head-height, their unit only counted beheadings as “true” kills.

Seriously, learn some history.

(We were doing the whole satire thing, right?)

• @Oklahoma:

Are you not familiar with the famous Kangapanzersquad of Prussian King Gustav IV, circa 1354?! They trained for years with kangaroos and trampolines to allow them to leap about the battlefield in full plate mail. Since every swing of their uberpolehammers came at head-height, their unit only counted beheadings as “true” kills.

(We were doing the whole satire thing, right?)

Looks like the japanese’s pineapple air force, made out of planes drived by pineapples.

• So jumping in a game means its like CoD?

You must be new to gaming. or retarded.

• There are too many areas that you can fall into and get stuck w/o jump. And how can I jump into the Pit in the arene w/o a jump function? I could only stumble into it which isn’t the same.

• @x123:

So jumping in a game means its like CoD?

probably I lost my virginity even before you were born so please stfu. I said that jumping needs a change because this game is not Unreal Tournament and for the actual jump settings it looks like cod. If this game really wants to simulate medieval war, jump has no sense. A 90kg knight has a 80kg steel armor and 15-20kg wooden plus iron shield, not even couting he wears a one hand weapon and a 2 handed weapon, both probably of iron or steel. Explain how he can jump. I’m all ears to read you well demonstrated reply, sir.

• What sort of knights are using jump spamming as a defense against archers when they have a perfectly good shield?

• @nevetz:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let this game become cod (we all know how it sucks)

ppl jumping in every direction as they start see an archer… with a full armor… at least let it drain more stamina. also characters seems to can’t even jump very low objects, it really has no use

Yes, let’s just nerf and remove everything. All of it. No more Chivalry - sorry, nerfed.

When the devs implement machine guns, I’ll listen to your worries of this becoming COD. Thanks for playing.

• The only thing I would change is not letting people attack while jumping. But I don’t care that much, I’d rather the developers focus on more important issues at the moment, rather than pay attention to the fact that I get annoyed when someone jumps and accelerates an overhead attack. Finding something to be an annoyance is not a strong enough justification for making changes, in my opinion.

Do jumping knights break the game or overly imbalance it? Nope.

• @nevetz:

If this game really wants to simulate medieval war, jump has no sense. A 90kg knight has a 80kg steel armor and 15-20kg wooden plus iron shield, not even couting he wears a one hand weapon and a 2 handed weapon, both probably of iron or steel. Explain how he can jump.

Most people think that knights were clunky pieces of metal that couldn’t even move, WRONG.

Check this:

“A Renaissance-era full suit of plate armour would have consisted of a helmet, a gorget (or bevor), pauldrons (or spaulders), couters, vambraces, gauntlets, a cuirass (back and breastplate) with a fauld, tassets and a culet, a mail skirt, cuisses, poleyns, greaves, and sabatons. A complete suit of plate armour made from well-tempered steel would weigh around 20 kg (44 pounds). The wearer of such a suit remains highly agile, able to move freely, jump and run, the weight being well spread over the body.”

Even the heaviest of the armors doesn’t even get close to 80kg as you said:

Specialized jousting armour produced in the late 15th to 16th century was heavier, and could weigh as much as 50 kg (100 pounds), as it was not intended for free combat, it did not need to permit free movement, the only limiting factor being the maximum weight that could be carried by a warhorse of the period.”

Also as you said a knight would have a 2 handed weapon and probably another 1 handed weapon, let’s check the longsword for example:

Specifications
    Weight avg. 1.1–1.5 kg (2.4–3.3 lb)
    Length avg. 120–150 cm (47–59 in)
    length blade avg. 100–122 cm (39–48 in)
    Width 4.14–3.1 cm, then sharp point

I haven’t found any weight info on 1 handed swords, but if the longsword is 1.1-1.5kg lets say a regular broadsword would weight half or less than the longsword.

Shields:

You can use google yourself and you will discover that foot-combat shields such as heater shields were around 6-11 pounds (3-5,5 kg), and kite shields 10-15 pounds (5-7,5 kg).

90kg knight + 20kg armor + 1.5kg longsword + 0,7kg broadsword + 7,5kg shield = 119,7kg.

Also have in mind that they where trained for years with all that equipment and that 119kg is not that much.
    You can find most of the information on Wikipedia.

• @Metrocop:

@nevetz:

If this game really wants to simulate medieval war, jump has no sense. A 90kg knight has a 80kg steel armor and 15-20kg wooden plus iron shield, not even couting he wears a one hand weapon and a 2 handed weapon, both probably of iron or steel. Explain how he can jump.

Most people think that knights were clunky pieces of metal that couldn’t even move, WRONG.

Check this:

“A Renaissance-era full suit of plate armour would have consisted of a helmet, a gorget (or bevor), pauldrons (or spaulders), couters, vambraces, gauntlets, a cuirass (back and breastplate) with a fauld, tassets and a culet, a mail skirt, cuisses, poleyns, greaves, and sabatons. A complete suit of plate armour made from well-tempered steel would weigh around 20 kg (44 pounds). The wearer of such a suit remains highly agile, able to move freely, jump and run, the weight being well spread over the body.”

Even the heaviest of the armors doesn’t even get close to 80kg as you said:

Specialized jousting armour produced in the late 15th to 16th century was heavier, and could weigh as much as 50 kg (100 pounds), as it was not intended for free combat, it did not need to permit free movement, the only limiting factor being the maximum weight that could be carried by a warhorse of the period.”

Also as you said a knight would have a 2 handed weapon and probably another 1 handed weapon, let’s check the longsword for example:

Specifications
    Weight avg. 1.1–1.5 kg (2.4–3.3 lb)
    Length avg. 120–150 cm (47–59 in)
    length blade avg. 100–122 cm (39–48 in)
    Width 4.14–3.1 cm, then sharp point

I haven’t found any weight info on 1 handed swords, but if the longsword is 1.1-1.5kg lets say a regular broadsword would weight half or less than the longsword.

Shields:

You can use google yourself and you will discover that foot-combat shields such as heater shields were around 6-11 pounds (3-5,5 kg), and kite shields 10-15 pounds (5-7,5 kg).

90kg knight + 20kg armor + 1.5kg longsword + 0,7kg broadsword + 7,5kg shield = 119,7kg.

Also have in mind that they where trained for years with all that equipment and that 119kg is not that much.
    You can find most of the information on Wikipedia.

This post is both awesome and informative. Feel like I learned something :p

• @nevetz:

@x123:

So jumping in a game means its like CoD?

probably I lost my virginity even before you were born so please stfu. I said that jumping needs a change because this game is not Unreal Tournament and for the actual jump settings it looks like cod. If this game really wants to simulate medieval war, jump has no sense. A 90kg knight has a 80kg steel armor and 15-20kg wooden plus iron shield, not even couting he wears a one hand weapon and a 2 handed weapon, both probably of iron or steel. Explain how he can jump. I’m all ears to read you well demonstrated reply, sir.

It’s called a video game. Explain why when you get wounded badly you don’t bleed to death or lose consciousness. Also, saying that jumping makes this game look even remotely like cod or ut is pretty dumb.

• Metrocop, the armor you described (from Wikipedia) is 16th century Renaissance armor, not medieval plate armor. The difference between Gothic plate armor (late 15th century) and Maximilian armor (early 16th century) is pretty significant, like going from a Model T to a Mustang. Knights could run and even jump (although a hop would be a little more accurate term for it), but not for any extended periods of time without totally gassing themselves. Leaping around like an acrobat in combat was out of the question.

Ask any professional fighter (or even anybody who’s ever been in a fistfight) how long it takes to get tired. And that’s wearing no armor and wielding no weapons.

Gothic and Milanese armors were heavier (60 to 80 pounds or so) and much more fatiguing on the wearer. There’s a reason that plate armor after the mid 16th century began to omit the leg protection, because the majority of the fatigue created by wearing armor came from the leg armor.

This is a pretty cool story that the BBC did a while ago on the effect of wearing replica 15th century plate armor.

• @nevetz:

probably I lost my virginity even before you were born so please stfu.

Credibility: Shot.

Lol-factor: Huge.

• @ItGetsAllOver:

Metrocop, the armor you described (from Wikipedia) is 16th century Renaissance armor, not medieval plate armor. The difference between Gothic plate armor (late 15th century) and Maximilian armor (early 16th century) is pretty significant, like going from a Model T to a Mustang. Knights could run and even jump (although a hop would be a little more accurate term for it), but not for any extended periods of time without totally gassing themselves. Leaping around like an acrobat in combat was out of the question.

Ask any professional fighter (or even anybody who’s ever been in a fistfight) how long it takes to get tired. And that’s wearing no armor and wielding no weapons.

Gothic and Milanese armors were heavier (60 to 80 pounds or so) and much more fatiguing on the wearer. There’s a reason that plate armor after the mid 16th century began to omit the leg protection, because the majority of the fatigue created by wearing armor came from the leg armor.

This is a pretty cool story that the BBC did a while ago on the effect of wearing replica 15th century plate armor.

Yes, I know I described the wrong armor, I wanted to show nevetz that the armors where not just useless weight that couldn’t let you move, run or “hop” (Obviously not for long periods of time), I used the Renaissance armor as example.

But thank you for correcting me and providing more information.

• Not going to happen. Jump was already nerfed in the last patch.

• @JHoersten2:

@nevetz:

probably I lost my virginity even before you were born so please stfu.

Credibility: Shot.

Lol-factor: Huge.

I laughed SO hard I got in trouble during economics… Lol… :D

• @JHoersten2:

@nevetz:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let this game become cod (we all know how it sucks)

Yes, let’s just nerf and remove everything. All of it. No more Chivalry - sorry, nerfed.

When the devs implement machine guns, I’ll listen to your worries of this becoming COD. Thanks for playing.

Lmao, too funny J. If anything in the next patch let admins choose the amount of stam used per jump,
    and on a different note I would hate to see the jump nerfed as I run a low gravity matrix server, and it really adds a new type of CMW to play and so many ppl luv the server I run