Should i buy this game?

• I saw some game play on youtube. it looks pretty bad ass. but a little pricey. So i just want to know if its worth the money or if there is anyway i can free trial it. Thanks!

• I bought it at full price on steam and I still think it is totally worth the money. But you can buy it at retailers as well so check out those too- currently it is £9 at Game, Amazon and Zavvi.

• Not that i have heard of because i would have spammed it to my co-workers :D
    The game is totally worth the money and the full prices is still cheaper then EA, Ubisoft, etc… out there at full price

GET IT and GET BLOODY!!!

• The game is totally worth the money and the full prices is still cheaper then EA, Ubisoft, etc… out there at full price

It’s cheaper than some games that have been out for over a year, such as; Skyrim ($49.99), Fable III ($49.99), etc. I don’t know why anyone thinks $25 is ‘costly’ when most of these games have been out for a year or more and still cost double what CMW does. Even Mafia II costs more than Chivalry.

• $25 pricey lol

• @Ianjskater:

I saw some game play on youtube. it looks pretty bad ass. but a little pricey. So i just want to know if its worth the money or if there is anyway i can free trial it. Thanks!

As someone who was hesitant to buy this game at first, ask your self this. Do you like the medieval era combat (swords, archers, knights, ballistas, catapults) style?

If you said yes, then why haven’t you bought it yet? The game is loads of fun. :D

• thanks guys. Im getting it

• I’d pay $60 for this game. It’s way more than worth it. Almost 600 hours played so far, still having a blast, and only that much more excited with the patch coming up.

• Between me and my friend we bought 10+ already for the rest of the group of friends as Christmas presents (steam winter sale), and it’s only getting better and better. Everyone is still enjoying it, we play regularly and are planning on setting up our own custom server soon (spare machine). No one disliked it at all, actually - but we are all kind of like-minded individuals that have known each other for years, so there’s that, we knew before buying that everyone would like it. I think it’s totally worth it to buy it (no one here will tell you not to, btw) :)

• It’s totally worth it. The best melee game on the market as of now.

However, you should wait for a sale. On steam, Chivalry goes -33% quite often and during the holidays it was -50%.

• @Ianjskater:

thanks guys. Im getting it

I just bought it over Christmas myself, and was very interested in it before I decided to buy it due to many videos and details on the Steam store…… I think I bought it when it wasn’t on sale cuz I didn’t want to wait around for a discount and lose out on days on my holiday without playing.

…. just keep in mind that when you first start playing, you might have mixed feelings.

I had mixed feelings at the start and wasn’t sure if I hated it or if it was just meh… but I kept with it and in about a week and after a few rounds where I started to kill as much as I was being killed (sometimes better) it grew on me really quickly.

Now it’s my go-to game when I have spare time and don’t regret the purchase.

Just remember… play the training mission first and perhaps play a few single player matches in the “Create Game” section to get the feel of the game before you jump online and get frustrated not knowing what’s going on and why you keep dying.

A lot of good info is in the training mission… in fact, run through the training mission 2-3 times to make sure it all sinks in.

• I bought a bunch of other games from steam on-sale from the holidays and I haven’t been able to start any of the storylines yet, Chivalry always get me :archb: (fuck archers :x )

• YES

• 23 euro’s now on steam, i have been playing the game since i got it(bought the 50 euro’s buy and play beta now version a few weeks before it launcehd), i did not played for a month though seeing i was busy with other games (Far Cry 3 took allot of time away! But i came back to the game again and i’m chopping heads off again. :-)

I always wanted to play a game like this, M&B came close but it did not really feel like a medieval combat, this game does!

• Short and easy answer: YES

Videos/pictures do not deliver the unique feeling this game offers. When you crush someones head with a 2h weapon, you really feel it. The violence, the force, the weight… Sometimes, I even smell the blood… :twisted:

• Yes, it’s motherf-ing epic and awesome and super cool and epic and awesome, did i mention it was epic and awesome and cool? No but seriously, go buy it, it’s really my favorite game of 2012 and i still enjoy it very much :) You will, however, experience some rage in the first few games :P

• its bad ass. my friend is playing Max Payne 3 - so I got it and lasted an hour before I got bored.

This aint no run of the mill FPS shooter - you can do some real damage with skills but as a completely newbie you can get your kills in a have tremendous fun. Even the best players struggle two on one when two noobs charge in from either side.

• @Ianjskater:

I saw some game play on youtube. it looks pretty bad ass. but a little pricey. So i just want to know if its worth the money or if there is anyway i can free trial it. Thanks!

No. It’s a waste of money.

Speed hacks hiding among players.

A long list of bugs which cause for some very glitchy play.

Config variables which allow you to do some pretty crazy things, left unlocked.

A extremely long time between patches and updates to fix even the smallest of game breaking bugs.

A long list of excuses, centering around the fact that it’s a small dev company and that they can’t compete with the bigger companies release schedules. When all we really want is a patch to fix the bugs, we have, not a giant patch making more bugs.

Mods that delete any post talking down the game.

• @never1983:

@Ianjskater:

A extremely long time between patches and updates to fix even the smallest of game breaking bugs.

A long list of excuses, centering around the fact that it’s a small dev company and that they can’t compete with the bigger companies release schedules. When all we really want is a patch to fix the bugs, we have, not a giant patch making more bugs.

We do not. Only delete posts where people are doing excessive cussing or insulting another player. Criticism is welcomed, as well as two sides of the coin for a topic like this. What I can say in reply to your posts, is literally all of those things you mentioned are being fixed in the upcoming patch. They aren’t rushed so more bugs aren’t introduced which is why the patch is in beta right now. Torn Banner is currently hiring more people, so they want to meet the growing demand. Having said that, I have only ran into 2 hackers, and don’t experience any game breaking bugs, just things that need tweaking.

This game has a ton of amazing things to offer, with more on the way. And for 25 bucks to give me 250 hours of fun. I couldn’t ask for more, but will be getting a whole lot more soon!

• @never1983:

@Ianjskater:

That’s a matter of opinion.

And they don’t delete posts when people don’t like the game, this post is still here. If you start dropping F bombs every second word while you are dissing the game and he development team ten yes they will probably delete it or at least edit it as its completely uncalled for.

Some of the bugs are hilarious. I mean look at the game fails channel on YouTube and find all the chivalry ones.

Some of mods here do lock some posts that don’t need to be locked though.