Fighting Stance

• I’ve previously suggested some minor changes to the looks of the vanguard. Staying at with the vanguard for now. I was thinking it would be possible to make different stances for the weapons, making everyone feel even more unique.

For example, the vanguard’s 2 handed sword alternative stance could be armour piercing, the armour piercing stance for a zwei hander is holding the middle of the blade to make it flex less as you are trying to pierce armour. This would ofcause give the blade much limited range and be very weak at slashing. But it would make a whole lot of sense, pummel-hammer hit could be the new overhead swing.

I am sure there could be more stances to most weapons like reversed-guard for polearms. It just seems like a lot of fun and more personal having just 1 extra stance for a weapon being able to use it differently.

This video shows what i mean with holding the sword. Also I am sure a lot of you guys will just love the european martial arts also shown so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=B4 … =endscreen

• Global Moderator

In the new patch you can hold down the “alt” key and you character will do a different attack. The alternate attack is always the second swing of a combo. Make sense?

• Yeah i know i read that and it makes perfect sense i look forward to it. But that’s not really what i am talking about at all.

• @KittyKitsune:

Yeah i know i read that and it makes perfect sense i look forward to it. But that’s not really what i am talking about at all.

I get what you’re saying. It’d be cool but very difficult to implement.

• Well If i understand it correctly the animations are tied to what weapon you are holding, so would’n it be possible to simply code it as switching weapons and then added animations, apart from stat changes i seems like the animation is the only real problem.

• @KittyKitsune:

Well If i understand it correctly the animations are tied to what weapon you are holding, so would’n it be possible to simply code it as switching weapons and then added animations, apart from stat changes i seems like the animation is the only real problem.

Yeah.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.