? We Need Emote Actions ?

• So I was defending the last royal family and well since it was raining I decided to stay inside the shelter with one other fellow Agathathian to fist anyone who attack the royals. So we were just chilling and the Masons were taking forever.

I needed to sit down.

Then I thought of course MMORPG style we need all the emotes

/sit
    /sleep
    /dance

Now before you shoot it down you can’t tell me you wouldn’t like to kill someone and then dance on his grave? I think it would be a great addition and of course the list goes on /wave /beckon /bow /laugh etc.

• Please… Please no… Maybe on modded servers…

• @Hadron:

Please… Please no… Maybe on modded servers…

just make it config

would be hilarious to taunt enemies

• Yes, yes, yes!!! I’d love this. Seems like a stupidity but it brings much more fun to the players. But I dont want the devs to prioritize this over bugs and balance.

• @funthomass:

Yes, yes, yes!!! I’d love this. Seems like a stupidity but it brings much more fun to the players. But I dont want the devs to prioritize this over bugs and balance.

Agreed.

• The voice taunts and laughs are enough.

• @poiuasd:

The voice taunts and laughs are enough.

Also agreed.

• Mason man at arms /dance

krNyEn1CKGY

• Where the heck do you find this stuff Wingy? :P

As to this, I wouldn’t say it’s a good idea. It would be a lot of work animating, for what gain?

MMOs have emotes because they’re social games by definition, you need to group, party up, trade, chat with eachother, randomly help eachother out etc, you also have non-combat areas to do all this social stuff in. Chiv is a fast paced action game about chopping heads, you rarely need to interact as you do in an MMO, you’re not portraying your character in an RPG setting, you’re simply just Vanguard #9001.

Voice emotes are more than enough to do the basic interactions needed in Chiv, no-ones going to stand around watching eachother dance etc in the middle of combat.

• @BobT36:

Voice emotes are more than enough to do the basic interactions needed in Chiv, no-ones going to stand around watching eachother dance etc in the middle of combat.

And yet that’s exactly what I convince people to do just to frick with other people :3 :P 8-)

• @Wingy:

Mason man at arms /dance

That cracked me up.

• @BobT36:

Where the heck do you find this stuff Wingy? :P

As to this, I wouldn’t say it’s a good idea. It would be a lot of work animating, for what gain?

MMOs have emotes because they’re social games by definition, you need to group, party up, trade, chat with eachother, randomly help eachother out etc, you also have non-combat areas to do all this social stuff in. Chiv is a fast paced action game about chopping heads, you rarely need to interact as you do in an MMO, you’re not portraying your character in an RPG setting, you’re simply just Vanguard #9001.

Agreed, it would be unrealistic to watch people dance on hills / bridges etc…. voices are enough

• LOL I think this would be cool. I don’t see why not. Its not like people in the Middle Ages never sat down or slept while waiting to fight!

• Lol you guys are silly.

Plenty of people make up their own dances in the middle of a battle. I made up a pretty nifty dance that works just as well. Just gets tiring after awhile ;) People just get downright silly in this game. I wouldn’t mind a dance or two, but nothing major and not a ton of emotes. I’m happy with all the sayings and laughs in general.

• Having the freely movable torso is already a great acting tool, the duel bow would be the most popular move. But many players do much more with that, like acting to the voice samples.
    For example If you kneel next to a slain enemy and apologize while moving your torso in accordance with the sample (cry to the heavens, visibly sob by up/down movements) the result is simply great.
    And once (i’m really not making this up to toot my own horn) i had a total of three players “worshipping” me on a duel server. I defeated them with fisticuffs, one of them had a weapon in the duel, the others were fisting also. After 5 duels or so they didn’t want to fight me anymore and instead followed me with bowed heads and would get down own their knees and do mecca-style prayer movements whenever i turned around. They cheered when i dueled others and won and pretended to hug each other. I think this was the hardest i ever laughed at purely player-controlled animations in any game ever. Plus it’s kinda nice to be worshipped. I think I’ll start that cult after all.

TL;DR Dances are cheap, in-game acting rulez. ;)

• @Kimiko:

Lol you guys are silly.

Plenty of people make up their own dances in the middle of a battle. I made up a pretty nifty dance that works just as well. Just gets tiring after awhile ;) People just get downright silly in this game. I wouldn’t mind a dance or two, but nothing major and not a ton of emotes. I’m happy with all the sayings and laughs in general.

I gotta agree with you on this one - improv dances can be MUCH more fun than pre-programmed things 8-)

• I remember back in the day when I played RuneScape and I use to do the dance emotion all the time after killing a fool who attacked me in the wild.

So… Yes. Emotes would be fun.

• @gregcau:

/sit
    /sleep
    /dance

Sit? lol; sit and skin up and share a flagon of ale perhaps. lmao

Sleep? that’s just plain weird… wake up good Sir Knight there’s a man with a sword from the Mason Order who requires your attention.

Dance? so long as the music changes to Prokofiev’s Dance of the Knights this gets my vote.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnDCukzReks
    Hilarious!

• @Kimiko:

Lol you guys are silly.

Plenty of people make up their own dances in the middle of a battle. I made up a pretty nifty dance that works just as well.

I would like to see that dance :-)

• @gregcau:

@Kimiko:

Lol you guys are silly.

Plenty of people make up their own dances in the middle of a battle. I made up a pretty nifty dance that works just as well.

I would like to see that dance :-)

Maybe you will get lucky someday!