If it were up to me…

• I would ditch the MAA secondaries for variable shields or passive perks x2 throwing weapon ammo and have the tertiary slot remain sans shields. There is no point in using the MAA secondaries over the primaries beyond trolling/boatshowing.

Thoughts?

• There is one I can think of - it’s easier to kill as a man at arms (provided you are good enough to use his abilities, which is tricky) and unlock weapons for archer. There is also one more reason: weapons are blunt and sharp. If you take blunt primary weapon for heavy classes it’s a good idea to take a sharp one for lighter classes.

• @tlbww:

I would ditch the MAA secondaries for variable shields or passive perks x2 throwing weapon ammo and have the tertiary slot remain sans shields. There is no point in using the MAA secondaries over the primaries beyond trolling/boatshowing.

Thoughts?

The Only time secondaries are of use are when …darn it now i forgot.

• @Rodelero:

@tlbww:

I would ditch the MAA secondaries for variable shields or passive perks x2 throwing weapon ammo and have the tertiary slot remain sans shields. There is no point in using the MAA secondaries over the primaries beyond trolling/boatshowing.

Thoughts?

The Only time secondaries are of use are when …darn it now i forgot.

For being a massive troll and fighting with a dagger or shi- I mean, shortsword.

• I bring cudgel for free helmet removals. Nothing is worse than my comrades being all stuffed up in a helmet with all this heat.

• It’s extremely easy to hit someone once with a dagger, and there are a lot of situations where one dagger swipe will finish off a low HP enemy if you know your damage values.

• @SlyGoat:

It’s extremely easy to hit someone once with a dagger, and there are a lot of situations where one dagger swipe will finish off a low HP enemy if you know your damage values.

This much is true, but nothing satisfies me more than finishing someone with a dane axe poke. It has close to the same windup as a lot of daggers attacks and more range, just kinda weak on maa especially after patch. I may start bringing a small sword after patch since dane axe will no longer 2 shot maa with overhead to the head and a jab.

• @SlyGoat:

It’s extremely easy to hit someone once with a dagger, and there are a lot of situations where one dagger swipe will finish off a low HP enemy if you know your damage values.

If I had time to switch to seconadary and attack someone to kill them, I had more than enough time to kill them with my primary, kick+ anything, change to phists, firepot for an even easier kill.

I can understand using the cudgel, however, only use the war axe. If I wanted blunt dmg I would use the mace class weapons and call it a day. Besides, it was stated to troll for helmless fighters.

• I feel this is less a problem with the MaA and more a problem with the secondaries. They need to be made useful. How to do that without borking archers, I have no idea. They’re just inferior versions of MaA weapons, but they kind of have to be.

I’d like to see these weapons become more comparable to primaries, but it’d require some creative nerfing of the archer. Seeing a Saber that was comparable to a Broadsword would make me very happy, assuming it was balanced.

• I might consider switching to my 2nd if I have a long slow weapon and I was about to fight a maul or something and try and get a few little hits in so I can 1 hit him with my main, but otherwise not really.

• I go phists more than I go secodary on MaA. They are blunt dmg correct?

Someone said it is for Archers. Someone decided you should have to play MaA some kind of way and made it so 3 weapons were exclusive and 3 more were there for if you would rather have a heartier/dodgier archer to melee with. I feel this decision was based not for the benefit of the MaA, but for other classes.