Thanks for the games - But no thanks for the game.

• I used to be a hardcore gamers, but now I get to game for about an hour every two days. I really enjoyed this mod and have had a lot of success with it. Unfortunately only after modifying my config to have a similar ease of use as others (thx reddit). I get a 8ms ping to most servers so, I had to actually ‘lag up’ my game to get my ping to 50ms, as it seems to favor 50/100ms. I get constant 90fps on a 30inch monitor, yet i’d see people warping 1-2m or sometimes entire swings wouldn’t show on my screen and i’d be dead, this is before and after setting up my config. shrug

Oh also people endlessly holding swords behind they’re heads too… SIgh. So

To the community, yeah you guys rock.

To the developers. I’m really sorry, But i can no longer put up with some of the really obvious bugs and glitches in this game which, frankly a lot of us have been waiting for a long time for them to be ironed out.

I paid money for half a product. I understand you’re a small indie company, you hold that excuse firm. However, I think you need to learn what that means.

Indie is independant.

It does not mean you don’t maintain a schedule or actually give your gamers what they need. In fact patching and updating the game should move quicker, and you’re never expected to maintain a quality of service that a AAA gives. However.

The minute speed hacks, sensitiviity exploits, config edits, console variables start to dominate, WE expect from an indie company a iron hammer tapping this stuff out, releasing it to the public via steam instantly. Instead we’re given this slow steam of hotfixes and promised content patches which are probably just going to make the situation worse.

The lowest part is you want us to market for you. You expect me to market this, largely unfinished game. You haven’t refered to it as an alpha or a beta, or said that it’s still indevelopement. Just that a content patch is coming. So I have to assume this is the way it’s intended to be.

Bye.

• Global Moderator

This is the most advanced indie game I have ever seen. Indie does mean independent which mean they have no money. They pay for things out if their own pockets. And they don’t have a designated studio they are spread throughout the world. Some haven’t met each other face to face. They only have two programmers.

If you bought this game at release you would have seen how bad it was. If you played the alpha you would have seen it progress through.

Some people don’t appreciate how hard it is. And think that indie is just an excuse.

• @lemonater47:

This is the most advanced indie game I have ever seen. Indie does mean independent which mean they have no money. They pay for things out if their own pockets. And they don’t have a designated studio they are spread throughout the world. Some haven’t met each other face to face. They only have two programmers.

If you bought this game at release you would have seen how bad it was. If you played the alpha you would have seen it progress through.

Some people don’t appreciate how hard it is. And think that indie is just an excuse.

Yeah. right.

So let me pull back the curtain a little bit. I’m also a game developer. Just because you label yourself as indie, Which is just the another fad by the way, does not in any way mean that you have reached some echelon of quality, or status that you can release whatever crap you like, and call it finished.

Natural selection - 10 years. 6 years building a whole new engine. <- Far more advanced than Torns use of UDK, yet still not a good indie company.

Minecraft - 2 years total dev time, started with 1 programmer, from scratch. <- real indie.

Torn banner arn’t even in the middle, nor does independant mean they don’t have money, they just don’t have a publisher, they’re selling games. It’s still sitting on Steams top sellers. They actually have a very lucrative deal with the makers of the games engine.

Torn banner have been given an engine to build off, (and paid it off I might add) The same engine a lot of other companies are using at the moment. Problems which other developers have had and solved, still remain unsolved in Chivalry. Even though, They share a forum with hundreds of other developers using the engine, that help each other with the tools that the engine actually comes with help develop and create better games for the engine.

What im trying to say is they really arn’t alone. It’s all hype and done before marketing. The problems they face arn’t held back by the fact they cant be face to face, or skype, or whatever excuse they’re putting forth. I mean when does a game sale that lists off excuses as merits actually work? Here, Obviously.

What WarZ did is just a step further. Releasing games unreleased and then spending three months developing the rest of the game is -wrong-

not fixing game breaking bugs -wrong-

not fixing game breaking cheats -wrong-

not fixing simple console lock outs -wrong-

Essentially because of the release strategy torn have decided on, they’ve stifled the community, got more users quickly, and more of the influential users in and back out of the game, when the game wasn’t ready to show. The community is already dead. People arn’t going to reinstall because the same people who kept playing it, tell them it’s good to come back. It’s not how it works man.

Natural selection went from 1200 servers (not that many) to 400 servers in a month. They can barely keep those full. Mojang even when he was alone managed a major rerelease at least what, once a month? That’d be a godsend here. Instead nay sayers are ostrized or told to ‘wait of the patch’

pathetic.

• How is chivalry glitched, to make you say its an unfinished product?

• @Wingy:

How is chivalry glitched, to make you say its an unfinished product?

The fact it’s glitched and is an unfinished product.

• unlike every other game released the past decade. I’ve seen totally glitched games so bad they failed not long after release. This game is fantastic in that regard. It has it’s issues but what game doesn’t? Some games have issues years after release.

• Over 26k posts in General Discussion alone, do you suppose all those are “omfg this game is unplayable”? Don’t compare this to War Z, ever.

As to an indie team with two programmers shitting out patches “instantly” as you seem to think, can you REALLY see that happening? This shizzle takes time to code, and when coded, needs testing to make sure it doesn’t break anything else, (the Magicka devs learned the hard way with that).

I’m not a game developer, but I AM a Programmer. In my company even if I fix something there that minute, it still needs a SHITLOAD of testing, and that’s just for apps in my own single company running on the same machines that everyone uses… Think about Torn Banner who now has a gargantuan amount of users (due to how well Chivalry has sold), and how many different PC setups and so on that Chiv now has to accomodate for, (some people are even trying to play this on integrated graphics cards that have 128mb ram…)

Keep in mind engine or not, this is their FIRST game, (besides working on the AoC mod). A lot of learning is obviously happening, on how to manage a game company, a commercial game, and patches etc. Supporting such a huge array of different configurations is also tough without any prior data and/or experience, huge publishers have a load of test rigs they can run changes on first, doubt TB have.

As to TB not being “real” indie, eh? Indie litterally means independant, as in not funded / owned / governed by a publisher, funded out of own pockets instead. Not some hipster term that relates to the game content or how studios with fewer staff are more “indie” than others. Indie studios generally have less resources than those funded by publishers, and sometimes less experience too.

As to the “omfg game is broken” stuff, have you tried the beta? They ARE actually releasing a patch this month (which is what they’ve been busy working on), which will include content and bugfixes, as well as addressing the known hacks and so on. This may help some of the issues you’re having, if not then rather than trying to sling insults, give some actual information on them so the devs can actually fix them?

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but acting like the game has been out for years, the devs just don’t care, and expecting everything done and absolutely perfect in the snap of fingers for the first-time release of a new studio is silly.

• I think someone is just pissed he is getting killed a lot despite hacking the config to get a 8ms server ping.

7 whiny posts, oh please just leave troll.

This game is better than SWTOR, GW2, Max Payne or any other game I’ve played in the last couple of years.

Not because of lack of bugs, just due to solid game design - glitches and all.

Sure its annoying when lag occurs in the game, but I seem to see it being more server specific than client specific.

Maybe if you get off your dial-up from Australasia you will have more fun.

• The OP is absolutely correct here. Well said.

• @never1983:

@Wingy:

How is chivalry glitched, to make you say its an unfinished product?

The fact it’s glitched and is an unfinished product.

So no game ever since pong are finished products?

• Cya next week.

• Go back to Forumfall.

• @never1983:

Not really. I’ve found a lot of the community to be unfriendly, racist, homophobic whiners that bitch about pretty much everything that doesn’t go their way. Not all of the community, but a lot…probably 2-3 people per server at any given time.

@never1983:

Bye.

:jrazz:

• @gregcau:

I think someone is just pissed he is getting killed a lot despite hacking the config to get a 8ms server ping.

7 whiny posts, oh please just leave troll.

This game is better than SWTOR, GW2, Max Payne or any other game I’ve played in the last couple of years.

Not because of lack of bugs, just due to solid game design - glitches and all.

Sure its annoying when lag occurs in the game, but I seem to see it being more server specific than client specific.

Maybe if you get off your dial-up from Australasia you will have more fun.

How can this be better then Guild wars 2? Are you kidding me you hate feasted kid?

• @Carl:

@never1983:

Not really. I’ve found a lot of the community to be unfriendly, racist, homophobic whiners that bitch about pretty much everything that doesn’t go their way. Not all of the community, but a lot…probably 2-3 people per server at any given time.

@never1983:

Bye.

Bye.

This!!!

• @never1983:

Indie is independant.

• @JHoersten2:

@never1983:

Indie is independant.

I don’t entirely agree with what OP said, but your post is downright insulting.

To your intelligence I mean.

• @snickers557:

How can this be better then Guild wars 2? Are you kidding me you hate feasted kid?

Because its more fun. Have you tried the PvP in GW2 - it is truly awful.

feasted? lmao

• @JHoersten2:

@never1983:

Indie is independant.

I lolled real loud.

• Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Thanks for your $25

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.