Further support for 360 Controller

• Hello,

Was introduced to Chivalry last week, it’s great. Truly… and coming from a guy that got really really sick of online FPS’s and the community of aggressive 12 year olds years ago. I’d say that’s something.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone could answer whether there is further planned support for the XBOX360 controller. I know Its designed for mouse and keyboard… but frankly I work at a desk all day. I don’t want to come home, lock myself in a room with a PC all evening. I have friends, I like to play on a sofa. (To really wind people up - I’m also playing from of a Retina MacBook Pro that’s been Boot Camped, meh 2880x1880 resolution. ;-) )

Any suggestions or tips are most welcome too. Cheers.

• Play with your PC in the living room. Problem solved. If you REALLY are so set on using a controller there are programs like xpadder.

• Im kind of doing that already. with my Mac in the living room plugged in to the TV. My machine, even though it’s a Mac… and a laptop. The hardware inside is pretty hulky, I could definitely benefit from a dedicated graphics card and a faster CPU I suppose (although I have an i7 2.6 and GeForce 650M). But Hardware isn’t my issue.

I’m looking for whether there are any plans to make controller button assignments editable and also adjustments for sensitivity (ranged combat is pointless at the moment), also is there anyone on here that uses a controller and can offer some advice at all? As at the moment, I suck… I’d do more damage trying to flail people with a hosepipe.

• @999chris:

Im kind of doing that already. with my Mac in the living room plugged in to the TV. My machine, even though it’s a Mac… and a laptop. The hardware inside is pretty hulky, I could definitely benefit from a dedicated graphics card and a faster CPU I suppose (although I have an i7 2.6 and GeForce 650M). But Hardware isn’t my issue.

I’m looking for whether there are any plans to make controller button assignments editable and also adjustments for sensitivity (ranged combat is pointless at the moment), also is there anyone on here that uses a controller and can offer some advice at all? As at the moment, I suck… I’d do more damage trying to flail people with a hosepipe.

You can edit the controller buttons already and change the sensitivity to what you want.

Look into the UDKGame.ini (Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config)

Here are the mappings for the xbox controller:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowMenu",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_NextWeapon",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StartStab",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Shove",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Reload | GBA_Feint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Use",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",SecondaryKey=,Command="Jump",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Sprint | GBA_Zoom",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_UpDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_DownDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_PlayBattleCry",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ToggleXHair",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

To adjust the sensitivity for the analog sticks, just change the speed values here (for an example, a speed of 5 is ridiculous fast):

Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",SecondaryKey=,Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_Look_Gamepad",SecondaryKey=,Command="Axis aLookup Speed=0.65 DeadZone=0.2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

• @Dr.Nick:

Play with your PC in the living room. Problem solved. If you REALLY are so set on using a controller there are programs like xpadder.

Yeah just use xpadder, easiest way to go