Shuffle Teams option?

• I’m realtively new, I bought this game a month or so ago and have since spent a lot of time flitting between servers, trying out all the game types and modes as well as the maps and there’s one thing that’s pretty constant, it seems there’s a Really bad problem with Teamstacking. Where a large group of skilled players always go to the same side, often putting the game out the window, stonewalling the other team from the first minute.

This means that matches are over quickly, with no chance of victory due to an overwhelming superiority of skill. it doesn’t really make for fun games or learning environments when you have a team of level 25+ and another team with no one even at the level 20 mark, it quickly becomes a revolving door for one team as people realize what’s happening and leave.

This would be Very easily solved with an Option for servers that could make team assignment Random. There will still be games that are stacked, but that’s unavoidable, completely removing the problem would require the entire community as one to totally change their behavior. so that’s out, but an autoshuffle option would allow it to perhaps be a better environment where more even, entertaining matches can be had. Thank you for the consideration

• Absolutely this idea is very good. This will allow skilled players and lower ranking players to be in the same group. Not just all skilled players in one group. :jlaff:

• Well since you pick a team each round that usually fixes it. Its mere coincidence anyway. If people want to be the attacker they will choose it an vice versa. Some people think they are swapping teams when hey choose the opposite team in the next match but everyone else does it too.

Teams are scrambled manually with people having to choose a team each round.

• I like this.

• @lemonater47:

Well since you pick a team each round that usually fixes it. Its mere coincidence anyway. If people want to be the attacker they will choose it an vice versa. Some people think they are swapping teams when hey choose the opposite team in the next match but everyone else does it too.

Teams are scrambled manually with people having to choose a team each round.

you’re ignoring the existance of things like clan teamspeak and shared channels that people would use to stack teams, in a case with all random players you’re largely correct, though there are some players that choose based on Mason/Agatha rather than attacking/defending. But that’s just a quirk. the active teamstacking is what this option would be in place for.

• Should just be put to vote like votekicking and if enough people vote yes, shuffle everyone autobalance style. Maybe limit it to 1 per game or something?

• I agree with the concept but the implementation is tough. I have noticed this issue and suggested some kind of balancing but the problem is

a) Most of the issue happens on Official server because thats where new players go to grind their weapons.
    b) When you get to know a map you begin to have preferences on attacking or defending
    c) Some people (not I) may prefer Agatha or Mason

so forcing a particular side is not great and this is mostly useful only if done on official servers - maybe that is a good thing, not sure.

maybe if a side is doing really badly the server should spawn bots all around the winning side :-)

• Best avoid the Knighthood server as we spend a fair amount of time kicking ass as a team!

• Using team speak and the like puts the fun in the game. Splitting those people up would cause more problems as they will never get the chance to play together.

• @lemonater47:

Using team speak and the like puts the fun in the game. Splitting those people up would cause more problems as they will never get the chance to play together.

This.