So Many Issues

• blocking is glitchy

people claim its not but it is.
    i know how to block properly timing the parry if you dont have a shield and aiming at the weapon in the appropriate direction and angle

-there are many times where it will still hit even when doing these things correctly
    -there are times i have been killed in 1 hit at full life with a kick and no i didnt get hit into spikes
    -there are times where a person will be winding up to swing and the WINDUP will kill another player before the swing even begins
    -there are times when people swoop their attacks around and the tip of the wep that isnt even moving anymore will do full dmg to a player when it taps his leg
    -there are times i will shoot my arrow at close range and watch it pass right through player models
    -there are times a knight with a shield will outrun me when i am a man at arms with no shield

on another note i think its rather silly that something like a daggar can effectivly block something like the 2 hand mace……
    i also find it really difficult to switch between bow and sword when im getting rushed as an archer it should not be that difficult

i like this game
    i want to like it more
    but right now i find myself being frusterated more often than i enjoy myself

• @da5id1an:

blocking is glitchy

i know how to block properly timing the parry if you dont have a shield and aiming at the weapon in the appropriate direction and angle

-there are many times where it will still hit even when doing these things correctly
    -there are times i have been killed in 1 hit at full life with a kick and no i didnt get hit into spikes
    -there are times where a person will be winding up to swing and the WINDUP will kill another player before the swing even begins
    -there are times when people swoop their attacks around and the tip of the wep that isnt even moving anymore will do full dmg to a player when it taps his leg
    -there are times i will shoot my arrow at close range and watch it pass right through player models
    -there are times a knight with a shield will outrun me when i am a man at arms with no shield

on another note i think its rather silly that something like a daggar can effectivly block something like the 2 hand mace……
    i also find it really difficult to switch between bow and sword when im getting rushed as an archer it should not be that difficult

i like this game
    i want to like it more

First off, try to switch to your secondary earlier if you’re being rushed as an archer.

These bugs you’re reporting have all been reported before. You didn’t need to post again on this.

• @Hadron:

@da5id1an:

blocking is glitchy

i like this game
    i want to like it more

First off, try to switch to your secondary earlier if you’re being rushed as an archer.

These bugs you’re reporting have all been reported before. You didn’t need to post again on this.

wep switching is slow and with a bow when you try to land a shot as they rush you to slow them or hurt them a bit it takes motherfucking forever for the bow animation to end and for the game to actually let you take out your sword
    it shouldnt

• It should, realistically - stowing a bow takes a long time.

• @Hadron:

It should, realistically - stowing a bow takes a long time.

So if there is a melee class running in on me I should take the time to carefully put away my bow before drawing a weapon? bzzzzzt wrong, I would throw that shit on the ground and get ready to fight for my life.

• @Judge2112:

@Hadron:

So if there is a melee class running in on me I should take the time to carefully put away my bow before drawing a weapon? bzzzzzt wrong, I would throw that shit on the ground and get ready to fight for my life.

So, you should be able to throw away your main weapon in panic when you should have thought like a good archer and prepared? BZZZZZT! WRONG! Learning to be at melee as an archer is difficult, granted, but you should not only try and switch to your secondary when an enemy is only 10 feet away. If you take a shot and missed when they were still 30 feet away, THAT is optimum range to switch to your secondary and prepare. Go learn to play.

• @Hadron:

@Judge2112:

@Hadron K:

So, you should be able to throw away your main weapon in panic when you should have thought like a good archer and prepared? BZZZZZT! WRONG! Learning to be at melee as an archer is difficult, granted, but you should not only try and switch to your secondary when an enemy is only 10 feet away. If you take a shot and missed when they were still 30 feet away, THAT is optimum range to switch to your secondary and prepare. Go learn to play.

Lets compare the weapon switch for the bowman to lets say every other class.
    It is gawdamn awful! No other class has any issue drawing a weapon except the archer.
    When a melee switch’s to thrown weapons it happens instantly.
    As a knight I can switch to shield and second weapons instantly.
    I guess it only makes sense that the archer would also be able to, but an archer can not.

Maybe Hadron you should play all the class’s before you trash someone who is stating a viable issue with the game! Learn to play and troll, troll.

• @Octavious:

It is gawdamn awful! No other class has any issue drawing a weapon except the archer.
    I guess it only makes sense that the archer would also be able to, but an archer can not.

Maybe Hadron you should play all the class’s before you trash someone who is stating a viable issue with the game! Learn to play and troll, troll.

First off - I probably have more hours spent on this game than you will ever have. Second, I am not a troll. Thirdly, I play all classes.

Here’s the reasoning: melee classes NEED to be able to almost instantly switch weapons, because of the pace of this game’s melee combat. A good archer can pick off his target long before they reach him. If he missed, however, he has time to prepare. Plus, pulling a throwing knife out from its sheath takes a hell of a lot less time than stowing a bow and unsheathing a knife/shortsword/cudgel.

• @Judge2112:

@Hadron:

Personally i’d try to poke my foe in the eyes with the end of my bow (if i didnt have time to stow it) and then i’d reach for secondary or kick them and then finish with secondary or heel of boot to the throat.

• @giantyak:

@Judge2112:

@Hadron:

Personally i’d try to poke my foe in the eyes with the end of my bow (if i didnt have time to stow it) and then i’d reach for secondary or kick them and then finish with secondary or heel of boot to the throat.

Which is why archer should be able to kick with his bow out.

• @Hadron:

@Octavious Giaus:

First off - I probably have more hours spent on this game than you will ever have. Second, I am not a troll. Thirdly, I play all classes.

Here’s the reasoning: melee classes NEED to be able to almost instantly switch weapons, because of the pace of this game’s melee combat. A good archer can pick off his target long before they reach him. If he missed, however, he has time to prepare. Plus, pulling a throwing knife out from its sheath takes a hell of a lot less time than stowing a bow and unsheathing a knife/shortsword/cudgel.

“And Fourth Im a kid.”

• @snickers557:

@Hadron:

@Octavious Giaus:

“And Fourth Im a kid.”

Why do people like you have to be dicks? Just stop being annoying, alrighty? (BTW, I am 17.)

• @Hadron:

@snickers557:

@Hadron K:

“And Fourth Im a kid.”

Why do people like you have to be dicks? Just stop being annoying, alrighty? (BTW, I am 17.)

Wow youre so mature im impressed.
    i hope not all of the people here are like you.
    Btw You shouldnt even be here if youre 17 the games fsk cap is 18.

• @Hadron:

First off - I probably have more hours spent on this game than you will ever have. Second, I am not a troll. Thirdly, I play all classes…

See this? YOU are what is wrong with this game. YOU have pulled the game down into Call of Duty style bullshit

• @da5id1an:

Yes but without it archers would have zero melee capability and that would make the class no fun to play.

@da5id1an:

It is frustrating but I figured it was on purpose to even up the archers capability to shoot you from long range.

• For me I think it shouldn’t be an instant switch for archers, however it is really frustrating when I have my bow drawn, get hit and before I can switch to my other weapon, my archer has to redraw his bow fully, then I have to press Q to get him to stop when it is fully drawn. After ALL that then I can finally switch to my offhand. It is brutally painful to watch my guy do all this as I pretty much stand there or crawl at a slow pace away, and 95% of the time I end up dead. This really needs to be fixed, if I actually were in that archers shoes I would be throwing my bow aside instead of standing there awaiting my death.

• @Mashuu:

@Hadron:

First off - I probably have more hours spent on this game than you will ever have. Second, I am not a troll. Thirdly, I play all classes…

See this? YOU are what is wrong with this game. YOU have pulled the game down into Call of Duty style bullshit

And yet, I hate CoD, and yet, you’re the one thinking of it. Don’t accuse me of something I am not doing. I was merely stating that I am not an internet idiot, like many people I meet online.

• How now brown cows. Giant moderators in the sky are watching.

• @da5id1an:

I have seen such a thing one time. “That” guy was was something like a meatgrinder with bardiche, instakilling everyone. Idk maybe this is ‘bug’ like lookdown overhead, something werid but just using proper animation and key management.

• @da5id1an:

How many goddamn times does this need to be said?

Okay, if you actually took the trouble to look at the other forum posts and learn about in-depth mechanics, which I can only assume you didn’t or else you wouldn’t be saying that, you would have learned that there is a ‘chase’ system implemented into the game.

What is that, you may ask. What an excellent question! WHen an enemy has you in their reticule at close range, their speed is increased. This is a game balancing mechanic so that Knights wouldn’t get frustrated that their opponents always turn and outrun them every time they began losing.

This must have been the 8th-10th time I’ve read that as a reported ‘bug’. Why do people not actually educate themselves on this stuff before ranting about it?!