It wouldn't even have to be medieval

• Personally I like medieval.

But that is not what makes the game good. It could be jedi versus sith for all care.

What makes the game good is that it is ultimate PvP. Easy to learn, hard to master.

The game mechanics of dodge, strike, parry could apply to other genres too.

Not saying we need a star wars theme but I am looking forward to the community mods of the future.

• @gregcau:

Yeah, especially MMORPGs.

• @Siegbert:

@gregcau:

MMORPGs are usually kept simple in gameplay because the massive amount of players makes it a requirement for the game to keep information travelling across the net to the absolute minimum. a MMORPG with accurate collision detection and positioning as well as moves that alter them would make the server choke :)

• @gregcau:

Personally I like medieval.

But that is not what makes the game good. It could be jedi versus sith for all care.

I would… I hate Star Wars.

What makes the game good is that it is ultimate PvP. Easy to learn, hard to master.

Not saying we need a star wars theme but I am looking forward to the community mods of the future.

I’d rather see Klingons and Jem’Hadar going at it…… real blades and brutal tactics… none of that glow in the dark dildo-twirling stuff. :?

But I’d much prefer Medieval over either honestly…

• @Chosker:

@Siegbert:

@gregcau:

MMORPGs are usually kept simple in gameplay because the massive amount of players makes it a requirement for the game to keep information travelling across the net to the absolute minimum. a MMORPG with accurate collision detection and positioning as well as moves that alter them would make the server choke :)

You wouldn’t know until you tried it…

• Well some MMOs that rely on heavier information traffic are usually criticized for its clumsiness.

Im looking at you, planetside 2.

• @gregcau:

It could be jedi versus sith for all care.

Then Google: Jedi Academy

• @gregcau:

Personally I like medieval.

Yeah i’d like to see Star Wars on this combat system. Call it Star Wars: The Slow Motion Unleashed

• @Wingy:

Well some MMOs that rely on heavier information traffic are usually criticized for its clumsiness.

Except planetside is considered to be one hell of an awesome MMO (probably the best and most innovative currently).

THis is a worthy sacrifice. I’d rather have some choppiness in 100 vs 100 battles than a crappy 30 ping tab targeting experience (looking at you every other MMORPGs).

• @Wingy:

Well some MMOs that rely on heavier information traffic are usually criticized for its clumsiness.

Can’t confirm that. PlanetSide 2 runs just as well as any shooter does, plus MMO scale battles.

• Thats just impossible. People warp around in planetside 2, sometimes often, sometimes not, but it is specially noticeable when you get lots of players to fight in very close quarters, its there. Its not as accurate as a traditional FPS for sure.

• @Wingy:

Thats just impossible. People warp around in planetside 2, sometimes often, sometimes not, but it is specially noticeable when you get lots of players to fight in very close quarters, its there. Its not as accurate as a traditional FPS for sure.

Bigger problem, is it only renders X number of players. So if in any given fight there are more than X number of players, sometimes you get people randomly appearing in front of you.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.