Allow archer to wield secondary after a javelin throw

• As it says on the title. I’m tired of the long cooldown on javelins after a throw, only to take out another one when you really want quick access to your secondary. Javelins are already horrible enough in close combat, so I really want to quickly pull out my sword after a good throw.

Maybe bind it to MMB or something.

• @Wangmaster:

As it says on the title. I’m tired of the long cooldown on javelins after a throw, only to take out another one when you really want quick access to your secondary. Javelins are already horrible enough in close combat, so I really want to quickly pull out my sword after a good throw.

Maybe bind it to MMB or something.

Heavy javelin is pretty good in close combat. It’s like a short halberd plus shield AND you get the 50% back stab bonus.

• In my opinion, it would be better of you allowed a javelin-user to use the Buckler while ‘reloading’ the javelin, i.e. you have the ability to block and shield punch (overhead) while the javelin is unusable.

However, it might buff the class too much, as it would make it easier for javelin users (myself included) to backpedal and throw the javelin while dueling someone with little risk of being hit after they’ve thrown it.

• @Toans:

In my opinion, it would be better of you allowed a javelin-user to use the Buckler while ‘reloading’ the javelin, i.e. you have the ability to block and shield punch (overhead) while the javelin is unusable.

However, it might buff the class too much, as it would make it easier for javelin users (myself included) to backpedal and throw the javelin while dueling someone with little risk of being hit after they’ve thrown it.

Your second paragraph was what I was going to point out as an imbalance.

• Why would it be imbalanced? The status quo is that javeliners are extremely vulnerable after a throw, being open for the 2 secs it takes to arm a javelin is a death sentence. The javelin might be a good melee weapon for some people, but the long reload time makes that a moot point. If an archer can switch to a secondary he at least has a chance to defend himself.

Plus, it makes logical sense to hastily take out your sword after throwing at a charging opponent.

• @Wangmaster:

Why would it be imbalanced? The status quo is that javeliners are extremely vulnerable after a throw, being open for the 2 secs it takes to arm a javelin is a death sentence. The javelin might be a good melee weapon for some people, but the long reload time makes that a moot point. If an archer can switch to a secondary he at least has a chance to defend himself.

Plus, it makes logical sense to hastily take out your sword after throwing at a charging opponent.

That’s the thing - being able to take out another javelin while sprinting would make it too easy for archers to kite people. But auto-wielding your secondary after a throw, that’s OK for close range, yes.

• … a keybind option to default to secondary weapon when missiles are exhausted? …Yes, Yes and thrice Yes.

Not for the reason forwarded; which is in it’s self valid, but just because it will make knife fights viable.

• @Reginhard:

… a keybind option to default to secondary weapon when missiles are exhausted? …Yes, Yes and thrice Yes.

Not for the reason forwarded; which is in it’s self valid, but just because it will make knife fights viable.

Not just when its exhausted, anytime you throw a javelin you should be able to pull out your side-arm immediately after.

• @Wangmaster:

@Reginhard:

… a keybind option to default to secondary weapon when missiles are exhausted? …Yes, Yes and thrice Yes.

Not just when its exhausted, anytime you throw a javelin you should be able to pull out your side-arm immediately after.

As you will; apologises for hijacking your idea to forward one of mine.

• @Reginhard:

@Wangmaster:

@Reginhard:

As you will; apologises for hijacking your idea to forward one of mine.

Hahaha :D