Alternate Weapon Models?

• Forgive me if this is answered elsewhere, but I’ve noticed something interesting… we often see alternate models/art for weapons, that end up not matching what is seen in-game.

The most notable examples of this are the halberd and the (beta) polehammer. The halberd has very different art at the class select screen, while the polehammer also had a different design when it was shown off for the developers blog; it featured a single rounded tip design instead of the tri-pronged ‘lucerne hammer’ head seen in-game.

My question is this: Is there any way to get these alternate models/designs in-game? I’d love to use them, they look nice from the promo materials and select screen art we’ve seen!

• Hmmm actually it might be quite cool if the 2 factions used aesthetically different versions of some of the weapons.

I can imagine Agatha being drawn to fancy decorated looking models with the Masons going for more aggressive and savage looking models.

• @AngryDave:

Hmmm actually it might be quite cool if the 2 factions used aesthetically different versions of some of the weapons.

I can imagine Agatha being drawn to fancy decorated looking models with the Masons going for more aggressive and savage looking models.

That’s how it was in AoC. For example, Agatha got a halberd and Mason got a bardiche; Agatha got the double-axe and Mason got the maul; Agatha got a flanged mace and Mason got a morning star.

They were all statistically identical, but it gave each side a more unique look. However, I understand why it was done the way it was for Chivalry - it gives a lot more weapon variety, while limiting the work the modelers have to do.

• In this case, it seems the models already exist. We’ve seen them in promotional images and select screens… but you get something a bit different once you’re in-game. A pity, as I really liked some of the other looks for these things.