Unplug the Joystick?!?!?!

• Are you kidding me? Because of your game, and ONLY your game, I have to unplug my joysticks whenever I want to play? I play many different games, including flight/combat sims. I’m not going to unplug and plug back in my joystick and other controllers, and reset everything all the time because of your game. I need to know how to get a refund.

This is unacceptable and I am a bit shocked that this is your (lack of) solution. This is a PC, not a console.

• This is pc so use Mouse and keyboard, and why do you have more than one joystick plugged in?

• You could just remove the gamepad bindings from the config file so that it doesn’t work with the gamepad at all.

@Drakton:

I need to know how to get a refund.

Only Valve/Steam can give refunds for Steam transactions. Contact them.

• @Madhouse:

This is pc so use Mouse and keyboard, and why do you have more than one joystick plugged in?

You make no sense. If the game is programmed to support mouse, keyboard, joystick/gamepad, then it should support it.

In any case, I was planning on using mouse/keyboard. My issue is the fact that in order to be able to play at all, I have to unplug my gaming devices. I have more than one gaming device because, as I mentioned, I play many different types of games. I have joystick/HOTAS for fighter airplane game/sims. I have a flight yoke and rudder pedals for when I play MS Flight Simulator and XPlane. I have a couple different gamepads, for when I play MAME or other console-ish/arcade games. In the end, it really doesn’t matter and I shouldn’t have to explain this.

• @ReMixx:

You could just remove the gamepad bindings from the config file so that it doesn’t work with the gamepad at all.

@Drakton:

I need to know how to get a refund.

Only Valve/Steam can give refunds for Steam transactions. Contact them.

So I have to go seek out where and which config file needs to be manually edited. I hope you understand my frustration, and that I’m not just being a prick. I should not be expected, as a customer, to have to spend a bunch of time looking up how to edit the config files and where they are, and what needs to be typed in to change them, before I am even able to play the in-game tutorial, much less be able to jump in and begin playing what seemed like a very cool game.

Also, I don’t believe Steam provides refunds, no matter the reason. You companies need to really get your acts together. No offense to you personally, ReMixx. This is just all quite a bit ridiculous. And I haven’t seen any representative say they were going to fix this issue, on top of all that. I was really looking forward to playing this game; it looks so awesome in the videos/live streams I’ve been watching. But you guys have made it very difficult for me to want to spend any more effort working at being able to get it to play properly.

• Ok,

I just tried the fix by deleting all the control inputs that are making the game recognise the joystick only, but this did not work. Even by erasing all the Xbox Controls from the Engine Config-BaseInput, still my character keeps spinning.

Is there anyone out there that has successfully edited that folder and stopped the continued spinning of the character, if so could you email me your cfg file, so I can copy/paste it. Or paste it under my post.

Thank you.

• Also, I don’t believe Steam provides refunds, no matter the reason

Steam will give you refunds for the following reasons:

• Pre-ordered, but not yet downloaded
    • You have purchased a game that does not meet the minimum requirements and you upload a DxDiag and ask very very kindly and tell them you are stupid for not checking first (can be a fake one, I’ve pulled this one a few times to get out of games I don’t like)
    • Accidental/mistaken purchases (errors in payments or accidental purchases, I accidentally ordered two of the same DLC once somehow, they happily refunded the second)
    • You get a one-time refund as a “gesture of good will” if you “change your mind”, again you have to be polite about it.

I don’t actually know any solutions other than to unplug the Joysticks unfortunately, sorry :/

Maybe a programmer will read this and try to work in a solution for a future patch…

• Thanks for replying, its not really a big deal tbh. As I can always plug my joystick back in again after.

But thanks anyway, hopefully someone will take note or failing that maybe an awesome programmer on the forums can unofficially create something ie a mod or something.