About votekicking

• I have played roughly 100 hours of this game and so far my experiences with the votekicking system has been agonizing to say the least. I’ve seen multiple accounts of votekicking random players, people just vote yes and carry on with their game. However, what I’ve experienced the most is trolls votekicking people they don’t like. People have also teamkilled and then votekicked the person they teamkilled and said, “He started it!” and then everyone votes yes. The votekick system is abused more often than it is used for its intended purposes, and as such I believe it should be disabled.

Not only this, but people can dodge votekicks by leaving the game before it actually kicks them.

• OK, this comes up at least twice a day - and each time, the majority of people say leave it like it is. Please stop posting about this.

Also, there’s a server option to only allow admins to start kicks.

• Global Moderator

Why? Why stop posting. Its a big issue if it come up all the time. Are you one of those trolls that votekick randoms? You can ignore it and no one would care as your not a dev or moderator.

When a moderator locks one of these threads It gives a sense of ignorance. Not a good PR move.

• @lemonater47:

Why? Why stop posting. Its a big issue if it come up all the time. Are you one of those trolls that votekick randoms? You can ignore it and no one would care as your not a dev or moderator.

When a moderator locks one of these threads It gives a sense of ignorance. Not a good PR move.

I am not a troll that votekicks at random - I just like to see the forums not being spammed with votekicking on non-official servers, unless there is a genuine problem with it - which has been discussed to death in about 3 or 4 other threads on this forum.

• @Hadron:

OK, this comes up at least twice a day - and each time, the majority of people say leave it like it is. Please stop posting about this.

That is your opinion and not a very friendly response.

I suspect the majority of people would like a vote kick reason added.

• The votekick option is getting changed a bit. If you play the beta, you can see how it’s going to be.

Adding team damage and idle time (for afks) to every vote and raising the minimum to 65%

• Global Moderator

@Kimiko:

The votekick option is getting changed a bit. If you play the beta, you can see how it’s going to be.

Adding team damage and idle time (for afks) to every vote and raising the minimum to 65%

Its an improvement of sorts. Don’t know about raising it. New Zealanders and Aussies vote no instinctively.

I played the beta and the guy with 100% team damage and negative 40 points didn’t get kicked.

Anything over 25% should be kicked. That’s a team killer or at least someone who goes around hitting his team mates.

• @lemonater47:

@Kimiko:

The votekick option is getting changed a bit. If you play the beta, you can see how it’s going to be.

Its an improvement of sorts. Don’t know about raising it. New Zealanders and Aussies vote no instinctively.

I played the beta and the guy with 100% team damage and negative 40 points didn’t get kicked.

Anything over 25% should be kicked. That’s a team killer or at least someone who goes around hitting his team mates.

I’d say over 40%, just because a lot of friends I know who play are still noobs, and LMB spam Zweihander, so they get accidental TKs all the time.

• @lemonater47:

Why? Why stop posting.

Because they’re already working on it (plus more important things). The beta patch already addresses one of the problems brought up. If you leave while a vote kick is initiated on you, then it auto ends in a yes/gives you a temp ban from the server.

Not to mention the fact that it seems the majority want to keep votekick because if you make it admin only, or something of the sort, there would be MANY instances where the person needing to be kicked would get to stay due to lack of admin attention or lack of going through the trouble to GET admin attention.