Crouching, Vangaurd leap, Hit Detection

• @sir_loin:

2. Weapons respond well when interrupted by random objects like walls. Why do attacks seem to cut right through enemies rather than ‘rebound’ off them? I would imagine and overhead swing would strike armour and bounce off perhaps back to the starting position allowing for repeating swings.

Torn Banner lazy and didn’t wanna fix this.

After a long nap, we actually extensively tested this in the build before release, and unanimously found that the game was not nearly as fun when attacks played out like this.

His is why fans aren’t devs. Its a good thing that they don listen to us most of the time as if they did the game will be ruined and you would still be complaining as well as everybody else. And torn banner would get blamed for listening to you.

No sarcasm in there I assure you.

• @lemonater47:

His is why fans aren’t devs. Its a good thing that they don listen to us most of the time as if they did the game will be ruined and you would still be complaining as well as everybody else. And torn banner would get blamed for listening to you.

TOTALLY gotta agree with ya. :?

• @lemonater47:

Whoa. It’s a perfectly reasonable question, Captain Wanker. No need for your petty remarks.

@sir_loin:

After a long nap, we actually extensively tested this in the build before release, and unanimously found that the game was not nearly as fun when attacks played out like this.

Well, why? Sure, it’s not a big deal in a duel server because nobody else is around to feel your wrath, but what about it made the game less enjoyable? In my opinion, the current build allows us to seemingly cut through armor like it’s butter making it easy for RMB spammers to tk everyone in the vicinity. I’ve completely given up “tanking” on pub servers because of how awful the experience is. If weapons would ‘rebound’ or responded like they do when hitting inanimate objects there wouldn’t be as much spamming. Also, adding to the feeling of actually ‘chopping’ someone down. There seems to be a lot of “selective realism” in some areas, and lack of realism in others. I’m not even going to get started or throw out any examples because it seems the fanboys are already making an appearance.

IMO it should go like this…

LMB : Left horizontal swing! Whoa! Doesn’t that make sense?
    RMB: Right horizontal swing! Whoa! Again, I might be onto something here!
    MW: poke/overhead
    anything else: block

Your weapon responds realistically! Of course MAA wear little armor, so they will be sliced in half as they should be along with the gnats or archers as some of you may call them.

@Steel:

@ubersturmfuhrer:

I have some questions about the viability of crouching.

1. Is it possible to crouch under horizontal swings?

Another tip for crouching if you don’t want to risk looking away from your opponent in a fight: stop moving when you duck. If you crouch while moving your character only really drops like 6 inches (making it really only work if they’re aimed at your head), if you crouch while stationary he drops at LEAST double if not more (making it viable if they’re swinging at anything from your nips up). lol @ nips.

For reference go stand next to something with marks on it or someone and change to 3rd person. Duck while moving to see how low you get compared to what/who you’re next to, then duck while stationary to see how much lower you go.

Makes sense I guess, but should take some practice for me. I’m not sure how comfortable I feel about bending over and exposing the back of my neck to enemies though…

• I don’t like any of your ideas.

• @Hadron:

I don’t like any of your ideas.

neat

• The thread title kinda sounds like a martial arts film. :P

• @AngryDave:

The thread title kinda sounds like a martial arts film. :P

Crouching Vanguard, Leaping Hit Detection!

Man I’d watch the shit out of that movie, it’s a mix of Crouching Tiger and Braveheart.

• @ubersturmfuhrer:

Here’s a bit of your own advice. Now, run along little fanboy there’s plenty more schlongs to ride out there.

Run along, you little douchebag.

• @Hadron:

@ubersturmfuhrer:

Here’s a bit of your own advice. Now, run along little fanboy there’s plenty more schlongs to ride out there.

Run along, you little douchebag.

The guy had a very valid point, if you ask me. No, you dont have to reply that you didnt ask me, its just a figure of speech.

Curious question, why are people so hellbent on fighting on the forums? Its a shitton funnier to fight in game. Theres swords and such. I thought the game was for fighting and the forums for debating. This community just keeps confusing me….

• It’s not this community. I think it’s the reminder of the evolution that’s left in us. It’s very sad so few people can overcome it when it comes to discussing facts and possible solutions in a video game. Since no one is stronger than the other (everyone is behind the computer) it’s the actual fact what should matter the most (as you can’t relay on anything else), but it often degrades to who’ll push his opinion on the top of the food chain… In the battle of opinions there can be no victor.

• @Holy.Death:

It’s not this community. I think it’s the reminder of the evolution that’s left in us. It’s very sad so few people can overcome it when it comes to discussing facts and possible solutions in a video game. Since no one is stronger than the other (everyone is behind the computer) it’s the actual fact what should matter the most (as you can’t relay on anything else), but it often degrades to who’ll push his opinion on the top of the food chain… In the battle of opinions there can be no victor.

I apologize, but I have temper/pride issues. I can not stand being insulted.

• @sir_loin:

2. Weapons respond well when interrupted by random objects like walls. Why do attacks seem to cut right through enemies rather than ‘rebound’ off them? I would imagine and overhead swing would strike armour and bounce off perhaps back to the starting position allowing for repeating swings.

Torn Banner lazy and didn’t wanna fix this.

Awesome post. Still would like more detail, but I assume it’s because combos become impossible, hit trading is the go-to strategy and it just feels kind of lame to swing once, bounce off and then have to block.