Looking down exploit.

• so, the devs LIKE that looking down makes a halberd swing almost double the speed of the fastest one hand mace in the game? call me crazy, but thats broken.

• Lol, just wait until you see how the pole axe works with this.

Btw it’s fine l2p

• I think the acceleration mechanic will turn new players off the game to a degree because it can cause WTF situations where weapons look as if they have swung and hit instantaneously.

Its a bad thing because people will look at that situation and feel they are powerless to avoid that problem and quit.

• Lol. Why would we want such pathetic players anyway?
    ‘‘I just got owned by something that can be countered, im now gonna quit instead of improving’’

(and yeah, everyone, noob or pro, should know that everything in chivalry can be countered. because there is no attack in chivalry that will always make u win against your opponent!)
    hope you understand what I mean

• @bluezero2x:

so, the devs LIKE that looking down makes a halberd swing almost double the speed of the fastest one hand mace in the game? call me crazy, but thats broken.

It is not much of an exploit really. You always have a windup, after that you’ll go into the release stage where you can hit your opponent anytime. When you do a overhead, your tracer begins like right above your head, by bending forward, you would make the first tracers start straight onto your opponent.

• I agree - its no exploit at all. It can be countered and I love mechanics that can be countered. The game feels much better if its not completely “newbie proof”. Learning how to use mechanics and how to counter them is fun (I also dislike people who don’t bother to learn and just rush to the forums demanding a nerf/removal/mechanic change - no offense.)

The only thing that feels odd about this particular feature is that your strike still deals the same amount of damage. Being just a small movement one expects it to be much weaker than a hit mid swing.

• The problem is that the animations are broken

• Unfortunately, having used the weapon and knowing this trick. I do know the counter. “Kill the guy from behind”… That isn’t balance.

Nor is it realism. A weapon doesn’t have the speed to inflict damage until it has, well, speed. Lifting a sword above my head doesn’t cause it to instantly become a vibrating chainsaw of death, releasing all potential energy at every instant of the swing.

I… almost thing this thread should get locked. Some of these posts are border-lining flaming. It’s sad to see the fan base is getting this rabid.

• viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8216

Larger discussion/poll about lookdown overheads.

• @afiNity:

The problem is that the animations are broken

true, it is not much of an exploit, but it breaks immersion (looks so stupid). I’d say speed up all (overhead) release times and remove look down overheads. Game is the same as before, but looking and feeling better. On the other hand i don’t think fixing this will be simple (say hello to new issues) so….ah i don’t know do whatever you want^^ (still looks stupid :P)

• @bluezero2x:

so, the devs LIKE that looking down makes a halberd swing almost double the speed of the fastest one hand mace in the game? call me crazy, but thats broken.

I agree
    well said 8-)

• Animations should play, but only at certain points should they do damage…

make sense irl and make sense gameplay wise,
    swinging the weapon for the first few hundred milliseconds should be considered “windup” too. Where you pick up momentum for the actual swing.

• @Rodelero:

@bluezero2x:

I agree
    well said 8-)

I call it realism.

Imaging your cutting wood. If you swing just using your arms it won’t go that fast. If you use you whole body it will go faster. You mouse is part of combat. The downside to that is you can’t see and it reduces you range.

I don’t find them hard to block.

• This game is not realistic at all. So that’s no real argument.

• Imaging your cutting wood. If you swing just using your arms it won’t go that fast. If you use you whole body it will go faster. You mouse is part of combat. The downside to that is you can’t see and it reduces you range.

http://vimeo.com/27195075 (take note how big this guy’s weapon is in comparision to the halberd in Chivalry. It fits a bardiche more than the halberd as the bardiche is shorter weapon).

The longer the weapon, the more time you need to hit with the head of your weapon. Halberd’s attack seems to be too fast for it’s range. He shouldn’t make an overhead attack while we are very close as it should be impossible for him to hit me before my faster weapon could reach him. He should perform an overhead at a distance. Right now he can do it at face-hugh range and do if really fast.

• Don’t forget socially awkward people are used to looking at their feet, that’s why so many people don’t loath the system.
    If you ever had a “real” fight, you’d notice that you get hit if you look down (as in: only see the opponents feet). That’s why it’s just stupid to even try it and no “normal” person would try it in the game.

I, for one, find it highly immersion breaking if people run around and wind up attacks while looking the WHOLE time at the floor.

• I did defend this at first, claiming you still can’t hit before the windup is over, but whilst this is true, when I’m watching RK duels with both players looking constantly at the floor (and crouching) in order to land fast overheads and stabs, and I have to look at the floor also to feel like I’m ‘on-par’ with my opponent, dueling starts to dishearten me (considering half the time it goes straight through parries/blocks too), so yes, I can sympathise with those that also feel this is very immersion breaking or just not fun to be on the receiving end of or feel like they have no choice but to do it too. It’s definitely something I will bring up in the meetings and I have a possible solution to reduce its effectiveness.

• When me and Sophax is in a highspeed duel it’s exploitmasters 2.0

• Game is still really broken. It is always about who can find and abuse the latest exploit. :?

• @Mashuu:

Game is still really broken. It is always about who can find and abuse the latest exploit. :?

Wwell, it’s still really early since it’s release, there’s bound to be a lot of bugs and exploits not fixed yet.