Possible to run Beta on Paid Server, if so how?

• So I am renting a server and have done since Chiv has been out. I was wondering if there was a way to download the beta on to the gaming server, and if so how to do so.

I know in steam itself I can opt in to the beta, but for the server I am using the steam update button which you click (after logging myself out of my local steam and logging in to the server) and then a cmd prompt appears showing you the update taking place, therefore I would be grateful for any guidance on setting this up. Would I have to make a request from the hosting company? Or can I do this on my own?

thanks in advance

• @korefuji:

So I am renting a server and have done since Chiv has been out. I was wondering if there was a way to download the beta on to the gaming server, and if so how to do so.

I know in steam itself I can opt in to the beta, but for the server I am using the steam update button which you click (after logging myself out of my local steam and logging in to the server) and then a cmd prompt appears showing you the update taking place, therefore I would be grateful for any guidance on setting this up. Would I have to make a request from the hosting company? Or can I do this on my own?

thanks in advance

Hi there,

At this time, you cannot have your server set to the beta. This is only for official servers. It might be something that could occur in the future, but definitely not for this update.

Thanks.