This game Needs a ZOMBIE Mod

• Ok, I have watched all the trailers, gameplay videos… And I realized that this game could have a HELL of a Zombie mod.

The experience would be amazing. The first mod EVER to feature a bunch of BADASS knights fighting hordes of zombies. IN FREAKING MEDIEVAL TIMES.

The severed limb mechanism would also reach their full entertaining potential with ZOMBIES.

I don’t think I need to say anything more. Anyone can get the BADASS picture.

This thread is at the same time a suggestion for eventual modders and a question to the devellopers :

I know this game will support modding in the form of map making.

But will it support modding in the form of scripting (Making new gamemodes) and modelling (adding zombies models?
    That is my question to the develloper.

In other words, will the modding capabilities go as far as adding new unit models and game modes?

Also, this could be a potential DLC.

If there is ever a zombie mod or zombie dlc, this game might gain a lot of ATTENTION in the whole gaming community as the : FIRST GAME TO FEATURES KNIGHTS SEVERING ZOMBIES LIMB.

• I agree with your statement that it would be an amazing experience if we could cut down hordes of zombies :)

From my experience with the Devs I can tell you that they are very open for any ideas that they would see fit for the game and are very eager to listen and please their fanbase. So if enough people want this into the game and the sales are good they might release this zombie mod fully integrated into the game as DLC.

• that’s why i made this thread :D
    Because of the open minded attitude of the devs, and also their transparency (to get a quick reply about if it would be feasible or not).

• Developer

Its something we have thought about! Right now we are 100% focused on the initial release of Chivalry, but soon we will be able to start looking into DLC and this would be a fun option. We are hoping to be able to fully support mod making, the one issue is new weapons (since our hit detection is based off the weapon models), so some things we need to work out there still.

• @Tibberius:

Its something we have thought about! Right now we are 100% focused on the initial release of Chivalry, but soon we will be able to start looking into DLC and this would be a fun option. We are hoping to be able to fully support mod making, the one issue is new weapons (since our hit detection is based off the weapon models), so some things we need to work out there still.

I’m glad to hear that :D .

Furthermore, if modding units and game modes is possible, then there is no issue at all (you array of weapons is more than enough for any medieval based mod). :D

I’ll be looking for this kind of DLC. And you can be sure that being the first game to feature knight vs zombie will create a HUGE buzz around this game.

• I think would be cool if you could be either faction. That way you see both colors on the field and it signifies that the realm has joined forces to face a greater enemy and what not.

• In case you haven’t been keeping up on the AOC world I have zombies and HL2 monsters on many of the maps in the KILA ThunderDome server. http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1750 I Wish I could configure it so that once you die you become a zombie till the last man is standing but for now the spawn and attack you doing damage and they are an addition to the maps. Feel free to come check it out

• Zombies would be awesome… with a leech king as boss ;)

• That would be amazing! :O

• Zombies are a bit overdone. Couldn’t it be something else?

Hell even F***ing COD has jumped on the zombie bandwagon.

• @BobT36:

Zombies are a bit overdone. Couldn’t it be something else?

Maybe add something like a ‘rebellion’ mode, in which either one of the armies would have to fight off against an onslaught of various rouges and rebels. That might be a bit more realistic at least.

• @BobT36:

Zombies are a bit overdone. Couldn’t it be something else?

Zombie overdone???

In a modern setting yeah. But in a medieval setting? No f*cking way.

This would be the first game EVER to feature knight beating the crap of zombies. That would be an innovation in itself.

• @akarnir:

This would be the first game EVER to feature knight beating the crap of zombies.

Apart from pretty much every RPG set in a medieval fantasy setting.

• Well if you dont like zombies we can always fight cod fanboys I mean dinosaurs and stuff.

• I like zombies. And dinosaurs too.

• it would be nice if in this mod you could actually be a zombie imagine the chaos in a village… zombies attacking the peasants while the knights try to stop them by cutting limb by limb to kill them 8-)

• @Wingy:

I like zombies. And dinosaurs too.

So, recruitable dinosaurs to help fight zombies?

• @Bushido:

@Wingy:

Sounds legit.

• @Bushido:

@Wingy:

Zombie Dinosaurs?

• I’m going to go out on a limb here… but I think this topic has gotten completely derailed.