THings need to change. :n

• This is a multi-thread in one.

I have supported this game for awhile and my activity on it has… Let’s say crashed. I have said to real life friends to buy it, not sure if they did or not.

But I do understand this is built with Unreal Engine, having worked with it myself, I understand how terrible it is. (lol)

1. Fix the bug where you stand on an object and just stand bouncing up and down on it.
    2. Arrow trajectory feels off, I play in Third-person and I can clearly see arrows be 1m over my head and yet they still hit me.
    3. The unlock system is a tad broken. ._.

I have so much more to complain about but wont until after this patch. :)

Suggestions.

1. This may seem like an off suggestion, but switch the forum to IP.B - I’m not sure what software you’re on, but it’s trash! It looks like Vb but I know it’s not, is it a free software? I know I’ve seen it before. IP.B is more customizable and gives a ‘gamer’ feel to it. I have been an admin and made almost every forum type, XenForo, Vb, IP.B and all the free ones and I have to say IP.B is the best.

*Could be PhBB if it is I demand a swap. (at least it isn’t SMF)

1. An exp bar would be amazing, from level 1 - 2 showing how many kills we need, etc

2. A Medic class; runs around healing team mates, uses daggers or a one hand x-bow (lower damage then the archer but faster reload and more ammo) secondary could be a dagger and third is a med pack (make it old style) 4 fists. (still working on this, rough sketch I’ll be back fixing it up.

3. Assassin class (They were around) Low HP burst damage no stealth or stuff like that.
      Primary would be a double longsword, constant attacks high damage but terrible blocking. (cannot kick) secondary would be daggers and mini swords thrown would be shurikuns (can’t spell it - Ninja stars) or a cone throw of razor dust, does low damage but will hit no matter what. *Again a rough sketch and I’ll be back to fix this and lay it out better.

4. Piercing arrows, this new arrow type will pierce shields and have a 25% chance to go through multiple targets, may also crit meaning it does more damage (read number 6).

5. Change Archers passive to critical strike instead of Rouge. "Your improved aiming gives a 30% chance to hit a nerve, dealing bonus damage and to cripple the target (read number 7).

6. Crippling, realism at it’s best giving the chance to cripple with an arrow or dagger strike would be a great idea to implement, when crippled you hit slower, deal less damage and walk slower.

Head: N/A You’ll die.
    Arm: Swing slower and deal 5% less damage.
    Body: Restricted aiming, lose 5HP per swing.
    Leg: You walk slower, cannot kick and jumping may cause damage when landing.

The crippling effect lasts 5 seconds.

1. A better HUD with more detail would be nice, IE a HP number or a circle, I hate the bar, stamina can circle around the HP circle.

That’s about it, but I will be changing some stuff when I fix it up.

Hope you had fun reading :D

• We don’t want a medic with health packs. Health regen is good enough and health packs would slow the game. This isn’t battlefield. And packs that magically heal players would be annoying.

You don’t seem to know what an assassin is. They dont to around in armies. An assassin has been the same for 3000 years. They kill a target and try and get away. They don’t run around in the open killing everyone. The ninja stars may be implemented in a Japanese mod someone is creating. Check the custom content page.

The achers ability is already good enough and people will think that archers are REALLY OP with you ability.

The crippling thing looks good for daggers at least not for arrows. And a dagger in the face = dead will make daggers really OP. though the other effects will be alright. If it were a chance thing not every hit. People might actually use daggers.

An Exp bar is a good idea and you gain exp through other things like completing objectives. That’s how you win.

Torn banner are already focusing on HUD improvements. In the unreal engine its a bit harder to do.

• @lemonater47:

We don’t want a medic with health packs. Health regen is good enough and health packs would slow the game. This isn’t battlefield. And packs that magically heal players would be annoying.

You don’t seem to know what an assassin is. They dont to around in armies. An assassin has been the same for 3000 years. They kill a target and try and get away. They don’t run around in the open killing everyone. The ninja stars may be implemented in a Japanese mod someone is creating. Check the custom content page.

The achers ability is already good enough and people will think that archers are REALLY OP with you ability.

The crippling thing looks good for daggers at least not for arrows. And a dagger in the face = dead will make daggers really OP. though the other effects will be alright. If it were a chance thing not every hit. People might actually use daggers.

An Exp bar is a good idea and you gain exp through other things like completing objectives. That’s how you win.

Torn banner are already focusing on HUD improvements. In the unreal engine its a bit harder to do.

Red: You don’t want it, I want HP regain removed, it’s annoying and unrealistic. Magically regaining HP after being slashed across the back is annoying.
    Blue: You missed what I was aiming for, and Assassins did wal karound in small groups, learn some history.
    Yellow: I never said that it would be a one hit, I said the crippling effect is N/A as you’d be dead before it could do anything.

• I just don’t like any of these ideas, sorry. :?

• Have in mind that chivalry is meant to be an action game, not an rpg. I dont think they will ever add anything based on chance.

Also I dont really think assasins fit in a battlefield. Assasins were hired to kill a certain VIP, and they were not professionals, but members of the victim´s staff or personal guard, other important people interested in the victim´s demise, or someone under direct orders. A group of professional assasins wandering together would have been captured and executed with ease.

• I would love to be an assassin and cut a knights throat with one stealthy slash.

Teach the knight a lesson for being overpowered.

• @gregcau:

I would love to be an assassin and cut a knights throat with one stealthy slash.

Knight isn’t overpowered unless you don’t know how to counter him.

Assassin would be easily killed by anything before he has a chance to do anything.

• @Hadron:

@gregcau:

I would love to be an assassin and cut a knights throat with one stealthy slash.

Assassin would be easily killed by anything before he has a chance to do anything.

Then I would poison his food and he would drop dead as soon as he walked out on the battlefield.

• @gregcau:

@Hadron:

@gregcau:

Then I would poison his food and he would drop dead as soon as he walked out on the battlefield.

Because THAT’S part of the game, lol…

• PhPBB3 is awesome, free, open source, tons of plugins for your needs

• I don’t want the reason of my death to be a randomly generated number

• Shield-piercing arrows defeat the purpose of a shield

• I’d say priority #1 for devs should be to fix bugs

• Nor assassins nor medics should be in a battle

• The crippling idea might be nice, but not implemented like that. Not sure if even needed

• HUD could be improved :)

• @OmmNomNom:

• PhPBB3 is awesome, free, open source, tons of plugins for your needs

• I don’t want the reason of my death to be a randomly generated number

• Shield-piercing arrows defeat the purpose of a shield

• I’d say priority #1 for devs should be to fix bugs

• Nor assassins nor medics should be in a battle

• The crippling idea might be nice, but not implemented like that. Not sure if even needed

• HUD could be improved :)

1. No it isn’t, I cringe at free forum software. No matter what IP.B has more and better updated, customizable plugins.
    2. It’s chance. Not a number.
    3. Arrows should pierce shields, it’s stupid they don’t, it’s stupid and drags the game on how much a shield counters Archer so much and the Archers daggers and short swords are pathetic.
    4. No comment.
    5. They were both back in them ages, both of them and you all assume that there isn’t 1v1 situations in this game as 70% of my kills have been 1v1, I’d love double wielding swords personally.
    6. It’s realistic.
    7. No doubt about that, the HUD is annoying :p

• Medics and assassins were not on the battlefields. A medi was just some soldier who dragged his friend out of the fight. Assassins were not in armies.

Arrows going through shields would be annoying. It would make a sheild useless. Shields were designed to counter arrows. And of you can’t kill a knight in melee as an archer you are not a proper asset to your team as an archer.

And chance is a random number. If that random number is in these parameters then he dies. That would be Annoying.

• Personally, I like HP regen. I don’t want to rely on some idiot teammate to come heal me.
    Fun > Realism

As much as I think shield users are pussies, arrows should not go through shields. Ever. Archers are supposed to be “pathetic” in melee anyway (even though they aren’t too bad imo)

I don’t think assassins would fit very well in Chivalry. Sorry.

Not a fan of most of the ideas. No offense, dude.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Personally, I like HP regen. I don’t want to rely on some idiot teammate to come heal me.
    Fun > Realism

As much as I think shield users are pussies, arrows should not go through shields. Ever. Archers are supposed to be “pathetic” in melee anyway (even though they aren’t too bad imo)

I don’t think assassins would fit very well in Chivalry. Sorry.

Not a fan of most of the ideas. No offense, dude.

Agreed.