MAA dying only to LMB spam !

• So you´re a good MAA player. You have your distance judgment down to perfection, your dodging is great and your footwork is excellent. You encounter pretty much always like this:

You see him miss, you sprint forward and unleash the fury of strikes: overheads, slashes, stab here and there. And that´s what you rely on, fast strikes, fury of blows. However, you die a lot and mostly (besides archers) to players with ranks often way below yours.

So what happened? You hit him twice with a slash but then SUDDENLY he hits you with a double axe in between your combos and kills you. End of flawless gameplay for you…

Comment on this if this happens to you just as often as it does to me! Due to the broken flinch mechanic MAAs really suffer in battle.

• As much as I agree with you and feel your pain there’s already massive thread on this subject.

• No , this is a good thread. Unlike the other one, this guy goes directly to the point.
    Whatt he described i what plagues MMA player since the begining.
    You reach your oponent, unleash the furry of strikes, but he will manage to combo in the middle of 2 hits and destroy you (since your defense = crap)
    That’s exactly where flinching is broken, and where the efforts should go in.

• I play a MAA a lot. What I find is

1. Wait for a lazy miss and dodge in and strike him
    2. Dont assume to do a combo, watch carefully after you hit him.
    3. If you see an immediate flinch then strike again
    4. If he looks unphased dodge back, rinse and repeat.

Cant say I always follow this because I get caught up in the moment and overzealous but it works when I do it.

• Also, be wary that what might look like LMB spam could be an actual tactic rather than just slash slash panic slash.

I usually play as a knight, and when an MAA is close to me and I know he’s not close enough to hit, I do the following:
    Swing and miss deliberately. 90% of the time this prompts them to attack me.
    I back up before my first swing is complete so that I’m out of range of any attack HE can launch, and then turn MY attack into a combo. It’s almost a guaranteed hit.

Plus, generally speaking, if I manage to hit an MAA once I’ll instantly combo it because the odds of them managing to block the second attack are incredibly low and they’re already in range. If I land a hit on any class I usually follow it up with a second and then back off.

• @gregcau:

I play a MAA a lot. What I find is

Cant say I always follow this because I get caught up in the moment and overzealous but it works when I do it.

So what you suggest is to NOT combo when attacking a player?
    That might seem safe but extremely impractical and it goes against the logic of MAA: fury of fast blows.
    In battle you won´t have the time ti strike, dodge back, strike again, dodge back…needless to say it would take A LOT of stamina!

• @funthomass:

So you´re a good MAA player. You have your distance judgment down to perfection, your dodging is great and your footwork is excellent. You encounter pretty much always like this:

You see him miss, you sprint forward and unleash the fury of strikes: overheads, slashes, stab here and there. And that´s what you rely on, fast strikes, fury of blows. However, you die a lot and mostly (besides archers) to players with ranks often way below yours.

So what happened? You hit him twice with a slash but then SUDDENLY he hits you with a double axe in between your combos and kills you. End of flawless gameplay for you…

Comment on this if this happens to you just as often as it does to me! Due to the broken flinch mechanic MAAs really suffer in battle.

Yes some of the classes, they can get hit stabbed poked and yet they continue to swing. It’s pretty stupid/bad and it’s exploited just like all kinds of other things in the game. I think we all pretty much know this game needs a big patch.

• @funthomass:

@gregcau:

I play a MAA a lot. What I find is

So what you suggest is to NOT combo when attacking a player?
    That might seem safe but extremely impractical and it goes against the logic of MAA: fury of fast blows.
    In battle you won´t have the time ti strike, dodge back, strike again, dodge back…needless to say it would take A LOT of stamina!

You don’t need to dodge. Simply stay just out of range then sprint in and attack. Zero stamina use. The only time I combo is if I approach someone from behind or if I can get to their side after the initial attack. That’s how I deal with the flinching issue but it doesn’t always work.

The only time I dodge is to avoid projectiles, if I miss a parrry (usually due to a feint) or if I’m up against another maa.

• dont combo, the delay in attacks usually causes the opponent to parry early as the panic to avoid the combo.

i usually get in, overhead, kick, followup. 2 headshots to kill a van. 3 hits to kill any class. pretty easy mode.

also, crouch to duck m1 attacks for an awesome looking win

• If one of my Attacks didn’t make him flinch i either kick him if I have enough time of block him and carry on. Not to hard. Just have to get used to the fact the sometimes you have to block with your and then carry on. Usually a kick is required after you block them though.

• i would also like to know the answer to this. anyone know?

• This happens to me by the minute, it’s ridiculous! Most of the people that do this have less than 90 ping . I suppose the strength of them furiously left clicking at my is overriding my flinches.

• Don’t enter the LMB vanguard-knight clusterfucks. Throw a firepot in there and snipe people who were left alone

• Everything you people have written has a point. Even the “don´t combo” posts. BUT !!!
    That is nothing more than avoiding the current problem: Broken flinching
    Does anyone have any clue whether the devs are aware of this issue?

• @funthomass:

I’ve to agree, idle flinch is very frustrating because one hit is so crucial for maa. I’m fine with LMB spam though as far I’m playing on max 24 players slot server.

@funthomass:

Everything you people have written has a point. Even the “don´t combo” posts. BUT !!!
    That is nothing more than avoiding the current problem: Broken flinching
    Does anyone have any clue whether the devs are aware of this issue?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7364&start=240
    It’s known issue and might get fixed in upcoming patch or in hotfix after it.