Allow Third Party Multiplayer Software

• I don’t know if it’s up to you guys at Torn Banner to decide, but I think it’s better for a game like this to allow third party multilayer software to run them.

I believe you guys won’t host any real servers (correct me if I’m wrong) and it will be up to the gamers to host their own servers, and the list of this servers will be accessible from your game. Just like mount and blade warband.
    This makes hosting servers available for a very small percentage of gamer who have a professional-level internet connection and some extra computers to dedicate.

Third party software allows your average gamer to easily to host a game, and thus greatly help to keep the online community at maximum.

It also keeps the game alive after several years, when the company has pulled the plug of their official servers.

Now I may be completely wrong, and third party servers hosting are impossible to use for this kind of game, so feel completely free to contradict me and prove me wrong.

• So, you mean a server executable that allows players to run their own local and web servers? I hope that this is available, too many recent titles have been restricted to commercial game server companies, which is a pain and expensive.

• @NtiT:

So, you mean a server executable that allows players to run their own local and web servers? I hope that this is available, too many recent titles have been restricted to commercial game server companies, which is a pain and expensive.

Not really. because it still limits hosting to the few people who have a professional internet access, and one spare PC (strong one).

I’m talking about Third party server hosting like garena, gameranger or gamespy : you host your game on their server, so you don’t need to make your own.

Or, Thorn Banner will have their own server that allows you to host without making one.