Archer auto-balance + TK auto-kick

• Please, pleeease bring some Archer amount control.
    It’s always so depressing playing with teams of 10 with 5 to 7 archers…

Everyday it’s getting worser. Do something before it will ruin Chivalry. :(

And what about some auto-kick feature for teamkillers? (3 TK = kick from server)

• Class restriction tools are coming for server owners. So when the patch is released find servers who limit archers(this will not be official servers). And the auto-kick can be tricky with nooby teammates constantly jumping in front of you.

• Have you heard of a shield.

OMG revalation.

Most archers suck balls in melee too.

Can’t beat an archer, you need to get better at this game.

And auto-kick is a big no no. People are trying to reduce the amount of people kicked not increase it.

The new kicking systems is slightly better. It shows idle time and the amount of team damage a player has done. If its anything more than 20% team damage you vote yes.

• How about just listing a TK count on the stats page? Then we can see at a glance what everyone’s TK count is and make informed judgements about votekicking people for it.

• If it wasn’t so easy to get kills with the archer class half the team wouldn’t be composed of them. They ruin TO mode. If you’re attacking and half your team are archers, you will not win.

http://i.minus.com/iTcqnpvnRFb4U.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/jtIsJRcWG111e.jpg

• @lemonater47:

The new kicking systems is slightly better. It shows idle time and the amount of team damage a player has done. If its anything more than 20% team damage you vote yes.

I like the sound of that. Still, I’ve experienced cases where my ally swings at an already dead person and hurting me for no justifiable reason. I wouldn’t mind an autokick but i guess showing team damage statistics in a votekick would be a more balanced system. As of now there are FAR too many trolls in the game and it really ruins it sometimes

• @zatoichi:

If it wasn’t so easy to get kills with the archer class half the team wouldn’t be composed of them. They ruin TO mode. If you’re attacking and half your team are archers, you will not win.

Let me guess: under 50 hours played?

• I’ve seen the new TK stat in the votekick popup in the beta, and I like it (though I feel like the votekick screen is getting bigger and more intrusive…can we have a key to make it go away?). However I would still like to see the TK stats on the TAB page. It would help people see how much TKing is going on in the game in general, which in a TO with a large number of players, noobs, high pings, etc can be significant, even for people who are careful.

• @Hadron:

@zatoichi:

If it wasn’t so easy to get kills with the archer class half the team wouldn’t be composed of them. They ruin TO mode. If you’re attacking and half your team are archers, you will not win.

81 hours, R26.

What has that got to do with half the team being archers? Or are you just being a child?

• @zatoichi:

@Hadron:

@zatoichi:

81 hours, R26.

What has that got to do with half the team being archers? Or are you just being a child?

actually he is a kid lol.

but yeah on pubs archers arent usually too helpful in objectives - depends on the map though, some maps are great for lots of archers.

• Any form of auto kicking would be bad.

To many people would start getting unjustly kicked.

I have seen plenty of players jump into the path of a swing trying to get the kill, and am even guilty of it myself. It would not be fair or just for that person to get kicked.

• @nsweetman:

Any form of auto kicking would be bad.

I have seen plenty of players jump into the path of a swing trying to get the kill, and am even guilty of it myself. It would not be fair or just for that person to get kicked.

Not true at all, thats why they invented the forgive option in modern games.

• @lemonater47:

Can’t beat an archer, you need to get better at this game.

This statement is true.
    Some archers have a ridiculous ability to shoot around shields, but as a general rule the more time you spend in game the easier it become to counter archers.
    Yes it is frustrating when the balance of archers gets too high, however, the pellatist-javelin thrower is very effective against archers. The shield can even absorb arrows from multiple archers without too much trouble allowing you to dispatch archer after archer.

• @gregcau:

@nsweetman:

Any form of auto kicking would be bad.

Not true at all, thats why they invented the forgive option in modern games.

Forgive would help, but in my experience so far only a little. Most that run in and get chopped are not going to forgive, as they do not see their own folly.