Combos and button mashing

• I’ve played fighting games. Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, so on so forth. I remember memorizing the combos as a kid to do the various moves. I’m not going to suggest we implement a 14 button combination like Ivy used to have to do moves.

What I do have an issue with, is this- You enter in the second attack before you have any idea what the first one does. If you kill the target, you’re stuck swinging AT LEAST ONCE into empty space (or an ally), If it’s blocked, your stunned. If he moves… you’re still swinging, thankfully you can swing around at full speed, causing the weapon’s arc to break physics (That’s another post.)

And what’s worse is it rewards button mashing. There’s no real timing to it. You just click repeatedly and hope for the best. I normally love button mashing, don’t get me wrong, but there is literally no effort involved. Honestly it’s not even worth it sometimes. Easier just to wait for your opponent to make a mistake and stab them then hammer away, but it’s a shame to see this mechanic… well kinda squandered.

• You only complain…. Go look in the Tutorials section!

• Hit Q to cancel a combo.

• Don’t always complain,You must think of a way to solve.