Alternative to Chase Mechanic and some other stuff

• First of all this game is Awesome, ive been playing around 60 hours and had alot of fun.
    Here are some thoughts/suggestions i have:

I find the chase mechanic really annoying and also unrealistic. I also think alot of TK’s happen because of super fast ppl with big swords and bad timing.
    MAA seeing 3 knights coming, i think he should be able to run

Make wounded players (below 50% maybe) move a bit slower or not being able to sprint, so you can catch them running away. Think of throwing weapons and maybe up their amount a little and/or beeing able to pick them up again from your victims.
    As for archers kiting knights to death i suggest equiping the bow takes more time and decreasing movement speed a little when they run around with it. In return archers would benefit from finishing off wounded (fleeing?) enemies that are slowed, and not merely giving assists all the time, as they complain alot.

Some other ideas that might be fun:

Knight special: Throw weapon / secondary weapon to enemy , but beeing able to parry it

MAA: Reduce fall dmg like safe fall for rogues in wow :p, He’s supposed to be agile and not break a leg jumping down 2 meters in leather armour.
    Make the dodge usable when holding shift and maybe slower so he wont like teleport across the map

These are just some ideas, i think the game has good balance overall and the gameplay is great!

Cheers

• I don’t really like any of these :?

• HP directly proportional to run speed, maybe?

• @OmmNomNom:

HP directly proportional to run speed, maybe?

I really don’t like that, either :?

• @Hadron:

I don’t really like any of these :?

All I see you post is that, maybe add a little insight of why you don’t like them instead of spamming.

• @OmmNomNom:

HP directly proportional to run speed, maybe?

Yea that could work, but it should only affect sprint so it doesn’t mess up combat.

• @Mysterx:

MAA seeing 3 knights coming, i think he should be able to run

I think running and escaping are two different things. If you simply run away in a predictable pattern, sure, they’ll catch up to you. If you go about it properly(using the terrain in your advantage) you’ll be out of the clear in no time. All the chase mechanic needs is to have line of sight broken and you’ll be safe.

@Mysterx:

Make wounded players (below 50% maybe) move a bit slower or not being able to sprint, so you can catch them running away.

Noooo, no no no, please not. Have you ever noticed how easy it is get below 50% health? Usually it only takes one swing of any weapon(save for daggers).

@Mysterx:

Think of throwing weapons and maybe up their amount a little and/or beeing able to pick them up again from your victims.

I like the idea of being able to pick up thrown weapons, and I think every weapon can be picked up, save for throwing axes. However, to increase their ammount is in my opinion not the solution, concidering 4 throwing knives can kill a knight, and 2 throwing axes can kill a knight, having more just increases the likely hood of people turning this game into Axes: Whirling Warfare.

@Mysterx:

As for archers kiting knights to death i suggest equiping the bow takes more time and decreasing movement speed a little when they run around with it. In return archers would benefit from finishing off wounded (fleeing?) enemies that are slowed, and not merely giving assists all the time, as they complain alot.

I’ve hardly seen archers kite knights to death, mostly because if the archer in question is fleeing, the knight can catch up to him(due to the chase mechanic for one, if we have the slow movement under 50% health, it still doesn’t resolve anything), and with smart movement patterns you can evade achers arrows. If you still are being kited by archers, try a shield I’d say.

@Mysterx:

Knight special: Throw weapon / secondary weapon to enemy , but beeing able to parry it

They already have throwing axes. Knights are able to throw their secondary as a weapon, why would anybody still take throwing axes and not take shields every day of the week?

@Mysterx:

MAA: Reduce fall dmg like safe fall for rogues in wow :p, He’s supposed to be agile and not break a leg jumping down 2 meters in leather armour.
    Make the dodge usable when holding shift and maybe slower so he wont like teleport across the map

The MaA is supposed to be agile, not a free runner.

• I do think knights should take more falling damage than lighter classes.

As for speed reduction based upon health - no way, last we need is everyone going slow when moving from objective A to B. It would be very annoying.

Apart from that what Sharp said

• I wonder how it would work out without the chase mechanic, after all it’s a tactical game. Slower movement will be annoying indeed, especially with the objectives. Haven’t thought of that.
    You are right about the thrown weapons, and beeing able to pick them up would be cool.
    Still id like to see reduced fall damage for lighter classes, it doesn’t have to be that much.

• @Mysterx:

I wonder how it would work out without the chase mechanic

without it archers can fire with impunity and just run away and never be caught. you could have last man standing as an archer who just runs around the map with 6 people chasing who could never catch him. Then the timer runs out and its a draw.

the chase mechanic is needed.

• Why not apply acceleration?

MAA accelerates faster to full speed (1.5 - 2 seconds), Knight slower (3-4 or something).

This way you can’t be caught as easily, but if you slow down for a moment it will be much more punishing. Just a thought :)

• @OmmNomNom:

Why not apply acceleration?

MAA accelerates faster to full speed (1.5 - 2 seconds), Knight slower (3-4 or something).

This way you can’t be caught as easily, but if you slow down for a moment it will be much more punishing. Just a thought :)

I’d get behind this. Better than a lot of other suggsestions.

• @gregcau:

@Mysterx:

I wonder how it would work out without the chase mechanic

without it archers can fire with impunity and just run away and never be caught. you could have last man standing as an archer who just runs around the map with 6 people chasing who could never catch him. Then the timer runs out and its a draw.

the chase mechanic is needed.

That’s why i suggested the bow speed nerf, and if people don’t do the objectives and troll around the map you can always votekick them.

@OmmNomNom:

Why not apply acceleration?

I like the idea of acceleration, maybe they could test it to see how it would work out.