How I solved my UDK.exe not responding problem

• I bought this game earlier in the week and was unable to play it (UDK.exe not responding whenever I selected practice or created a game with bots or joined a server by IP, and no servers showing up in server browser)

Apparently, the drive letters are hard-coded somewhere in the game. I have a small SSD C drive, and have Steam on a large E drive. My C drive is so small I can’t start transferring steam to it and installing games there. Instead, I created the path C:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32 and copied everything from the same path on my E drive there (only about 321 MB). After that it’s working perfectly for me!

It’s a really fun game, congratulations to the devs - I understand that you guys are a small team and don’t have the testing/QA facilities of bigger studios. Please mention this drive letter problem in the sticky and fix it in the upcoming megapatch! (I spent a couple of hours trying different things to make it work)

The error in my launch log file looked like this

[0059.36] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

Address = 0x43af21d (filename not found)
    Address = 0x141f2ff (filename not found) [in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x1424f4c (filename not found) [in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x14207ba (filename not found) [in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x1425de9 (filename not found) [in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x1476649 (filename not found) [in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x680000 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x570065 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x570065 (filename not found)

So if anyone sees similar in their log, definitely look into this drive letter issue.