Upgrading castle/players?

• Will you be able to upgrade you castle by adding cannons/pots of tar/defence units ect? This would be in matches where both teams have a castle and the goal is to attack the other castle.

Also being able to upgrade your weapons so your team will have better maces or bows than the other team.
    I was just wondering is this in the game and if not what you guys think of it?

• Sounds like a good idea for a mod.

• sounds a lot like natural selection, not that that’s a bad thing. i think it would be cool to have a “commander” who handles all the RTS elements then have all your grunts ingame be actual players, although this might be ripping of natural selection a bit too much lol.

• Would need an engineer class then.

-base asset’s need to be destroyable (catapult’s and such)
    -a way to repair broken base asset’s
    -make the engineer the only class, able to make upgrades to the Castle’s or whatever
    -engineer could also set “booby traps”

• As far as upgrading weapons throughout the course of a match, I disagree.

• Swords wrote:
    As far as upgrading weapons throughout the course of a match, I disagree.

^
    I agree with this.
    Bad idea.
    CMW is all about skills, knowing your weapons range, timing… Upgrading things is a bit too casual, this sort of things you’ll see in CoD, and by me, this is absolutely NOT a compliment.

• Cod? no lol, have you heard of Starcraft 2? there’s TONS of upgrades in that game and it has a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE competitive scene. It depends on the resources needed to acquire those upgrades compared to how long it takes to produce, as well as how powerful it is.

• Well, don’t mix up Starcraft (RTS) where upgrades ARE the game and CoD (bad FPS) where upgrades are some shitty shining effect wich make your weapons as powerful as the bfg in Doom or quake!

There would be no competitive ways to include weapons upgrade in CMW, what if one team unlock the “hit faster” upgrade way before the other team?
    Total wipeout.
    Same with the “Flaming sword” upgrade…. except that I would like this one :P

• Well it depends on how you do it. For example, if the way you progress towards upgrades is by doing the main map objectives, or killing the enemy, then it just rewards the team that’s already ahead - however, if it makes you split your focus from the main objective and go for some other objective (capture an easily defensible weapons supply behind enemy lines) that forces you to sacrifice a lot of time from the main objective to obtain a new upgrade, that could be a cool mechanic.

• like i said, it depends on what resource it takes, which could include man power, compared to how long it takes, which like slygoat said could be attacking some place that’s out of the way and really easy to defend. There are right ways to do it and wrong ways to do it.

• @Vox:

sounds a lot like natural selection, not that that’s a bad thing. i think it would be cool to have a “commander” who handles all the RTS elements then have all your grunts ingame be actual players, although this might be ripping of natural selection a bit too much lol.

They had commanders like that in Battlefield 2 and Savage as well.