Jousting

• introduce Jousting :D as soon as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu4oMHzbC20

• MAA would be at a disadvantage unless the firepot kills the horse.

Archers would be heaven, just ride around shooting from horseback.

• @gregcau:

MAA would be at a disadvantage unless the firepot kills the horse.

Archers would be heaven, just ride around shooting from horseback.

Atilla the Hun?

• This would be really awesome. I think the idea is not to have everyone riding around on horses, but to have specifically jousting.

Maybe since jousting takes place between only two players, there can be multiple jousting lanes, and then the winner of each joust moves on in a tournament tree kind of fashion, until only two players are left. Even just spectating could be fun.

The mechanics could be easy, the horse could be totally programmed, no player control. On each pass, the player has the option to either raise his shield, or raise his lance. You would of course have to make sure your lance is aimed nicely at the opponent, or else you miss. This way a round of jousting can be won in one pass, or if two skilled players are at it, it could take many passes.

Another game mode could involve a FFA or team deathmatch that opens with two randomly chosen players from each team jousting. The victor wins his team some special power or makes a certain tool available only to them, and infantry battle commences.

I really like this

I’ll also add that class won’t matter, by default it could just select knight. Or maybe class can matter, but the differences will be different in jousting than they would in a regular match

• Archers don’t ride horses and shoot while on horse back…

Arabian Horse Archers do though but Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has no connections at all to Arabian people…

Now I would like a special mode where you can Joust as a knight against another knight (AI or Player).

• @Jusey1:

Archers don’t ride horses and shoot while on horse back…

There couldn’t be a sillier statement.

@Jusey1:

Arabian Horse Archers do though but Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has no connections at all to Arabian people…

lol wut?

• @Armatus:

@Jusey1:

1. There couldn’t be a sillier statement.

2. lol wut?

1. How so? I never ever remember a time in any Realistic Medieval World of a Medieval Archer riding a horse and successfully shooting… Never. It was never done realistically. Just in fantasy worlds… And if you remember what Torn Banner said that they wanted Chivalry to be realistic.

2. It’s a reference to “Stronghold Crusaders” and I was NOT being serious about it.

• @Jusey1:

@Armatus:

@Jusey1:

1. There couldn’t be a sillier statement.

2. lol wut?

1. How so? I never ever remember a time in any Realistic Medieval World of a Medieval Archer riding a horse and successfully shooting… Never. It was never done realistically. Just in fantasy worlds… And if you remember what Torn Banner said that they wanted Chivalry to be realistic.

2. It’s a reference to “Stronghold Crusaders” and I was NOT being serious about it.

1. Atilla the Hun?

• Bump for jousting, I think having only knights for balance and realism would be good.

• Cavalry isn’t going to happen. It would certainly be nice though.