UPDATE ON BUG:NOT FIXED! Rapid chaining attacks with shields

• This needs to be fixed for the January patch as it is very gamebreaking.

Equip and select your shield. This bug will work with MAA or knight and works best with stabs and overheads.
    When someone successfully parries or blocks your attack, hold right click immediately after your attack lands and then swing again whilst holding right click.
    You can practice this on a wall.
    Attack a wall normally and then try it with this bug and you’ll see how insane the difference is.

Technically the steps described here is a combination of TWO bugs, the first one is already known: You can completely negate the shield down time by attacking whilst the shield is up.
    The second is: raising your shield immediately after your attack is blocked/parried cancels the ‘recovery’ attack delay period after an attack is deflected.

Under the right circumstances you can land 3 attacks in 1 second. Machine gun stab-spam with holy water sprinkler for instance.

If you try this bug without a shield equipped you will experience the full delay before being able to attack again, but you’ll still be able to block a fraction of a second after your swing is parried/blocked which is broken in itself.

UPDATE:I’d like to point out that this exploit wasn’t fixed.

While the bug that let you attack with shield raised without having to lower it was fixed - this only nerfed the exploit for big shields that have long raise/lower times (e.g. kite and tower shield).

Using a buckler, given that it has extremely fast lowering times, I can still bypass weapon recovery time and spam rapid attacks against an enemy.

As I already explained in my first post, this exploit was a combination of two bugs:
    1: instant attacks with shield raised (fixed)
    2: raising shield immediately after your attack is blocked/parried resets recovery time (not fixed)

This really needs fixing, i can still churn out 50% more swings than normal.

• UPDATE: Video footage demonstrating this exploit. Thanks to Yarnu the dog for taking the time to record and upload it.
    dETfCw2Amwk

First weapon is long sword and second is holy water sprinkler.

• Ran into this a couple times yesterday. Seems it is spreading. It is REALLY bad with the MaA main weapons too it seems since he can already spam so fast.

• wow the holy water stabgun looks insane
    torn banner pls fix

• @kwazi:

wow the holy water stabgun looks insane
    torn banner pls fix

Now think of it with a dagger or norse sword D:

• Definitely needs to get fixed in the January patch

• I have been wondering about this for days now! I play in a lot of duel servers and I see MAA and Knights doing it with one handed weapons every single day.

Its a shame really, they even admit they are glitching the game.

• Want to add that Javelineers can do this too. Gets pretty freaking silly with the Thrusting Dagger.

• I’ve escalated this issue and will hopefully see a fix for CU1 or very soon after if it doesn’t make it. Thanks for video guys, footage is always more helpful.

• Being able to block immediately after getting parried should stay. If not, those “perfect counters” would be too hard to block from, especially if its an MAA with a broadsword.

However quick-attacking after being parried seems pretty imbalanced.

• Developer

This is the way to post bug reports. Thanks :D

• @CrustaceanSoup:

No problem man, happy we could help. Just a question, do we know an ETA on the fix of this or anything of that sort? Cheers sire.

• @Yarnu:

@CrustaceanSoup:

No problem man, happy we could help. Just a question, do we know an ETA on the fix of this or anything of that sort? Cheers sire.

It’s already fixed internally, so next patch - which is still scheduled for this month.

• @SlyGoat:

@Yarnu:

@CrustaceanSoup:

It’s already fixed internally, so next patch - which is still scheduled for this month.

Oh nice one, this is good to hear.

• I’d like to point out that this exploit wasn’t fixed.

While the bug that let you attack with shield raised without having to lower it was fixed - this only nerfed the exploit for big shields that have long raise/lower times (e.g. kite and tower shield).

Using a buckler, given that it has extremely fast lowering times, I can still bypass weapon recovery time and spam rapid attacks against an enemy.

As I already explained in my first post, this exploit was a combination of two bugs:
    1: instant attacks with shield raised (fixed)
    2: raising shield immediately after your attack is blocked/parried resets recovery time (not fixed)

This really needs fixing, i can still churn out 50% more swings than normal.

• wow. fix this please.

• The buckler is all sorts of problems :x

• It was changed so that any shield or weapon can now parry in the ‘deflect’ animation. Apparently this is a design intention, but it’s flawed, because parrying in deflect lasts for 1.0 seconds, whereas shield up and down lasts for what, less than 0.3, 0.4 seconds and this is significantly shorter than normal recovery times causing these faster successive attacks. The only thing I can suggest to fix this is that you can’t block with a shield in the first, say, 0.2-0.3 seconds of deflect, but you can parry anytime. Unless anyone has better ideas?

• I think it’d be better if the game could just remember you’re in the deflected state even after raising/dropping your shield. Capping the time until you can block could allow some free hits with particularly fast counterattacking weapons like daggers. We’ll see what the coders can do here.

• @SlyGoat:

I think it’d be better if the game could just remember you’re in the deflected state even after raising/dropping your shield.

Exactly this. Whatever coding is implemented, this should be the end result.
    @SlyGoat:

Capping the time until you can block could allow some free hits with particularly fast counterattacking weapons like daggers.

Couldn’t agree more. Adding a cooldown before being able to block after a deflect is not a well thought out solution and sounds like a lazy way to fix this bug.