Duel Mode concept [ALTERNATIVE TO DUEL MODE FROM BETA PATCH]

• Not sure, how many duel mode concepts were brought already by the community (if any at all), anyway I’m not too satisfied with the planned concept and so I want to ensure, that the developers are aware of several possible designs for that game mode and could pick up the best one for the majority. So this is what I imagine for a duel map:

Duel initiation
    There’s a seperated room acting as a lobby for all currently not duelling participants, which could also be used as a training area where people can fight each other without dealing real damage & scoring. Once someone wants a serious fight, he taunts in front of his wanted duel partner, the other one then gets a message “Blabla challenges you. Accept?”, you press B to agree (otherwise N, or nothing) and you are automatically taunting to him as well and both gets spawned to the battle arena.

Duel battle phase
    The duel then launches similarly as of the current beta patch.

Side notes
    About the duel menu, I was wondering, if you couldn’t rather be subclassing the ScoreBoard class and implement there the duel stats/history for the players (as you are already able to TAB + B to view each player’s statistics there in the current board and now extending it to duel capabilites)

–----------------------------

By the way, I’d wish the known Arena map from LTS/KOH to be ported as duel map too if not done so already (perhaps a somewhat smaller edition?)

Kind Regards and thanks for reading.

• @Sir:

–----------------------------

By the way, I’d wish the known Arena map from LTS/KOH to be ported as duel map too if not done so already (perhaps a somewhat smaller edition?)

Kind Regards and thanks for reading.

Some good ideas. I’m not completely satisfied with the new duel mode either.

As far as Arena is concerned, it IS included in the duel mode, as well as Throne Room, but both are bugging out, so they are being fixed at the moment.