Zombie Infection game mod(e)

• If this hasn’t been thought up before:

Just think about how this could work in this game.

Zombies can only use fists or some sort of other thrashing/biting and have green tinted skin.

“Humans” can use weapons and every class.

At the start of every match humans can volunteer to join the zombie team (starts out as one zombie)

Humans join the Zombie team upon death.

Zombies have infinite respawns but take a long while.

Humans win the game after a set amount of time survived.

Zombies win after infecting all Humans.

(my own suggestions below)

Zombies, instead of kicking, use F to bite (incredibly short range) a Human which will slowly drain around 30-60% of health, and Humans can die from it. Obviously can’t work on something like a Knight because plate armor is bad for dental health.

Human team uses the skins from the FFA gamemode.

The zombie team can’t use the Voice Menu (unless they’re coded so that only fellow zombies can hear them or everyone can but they just moan) but can use C while running to yell.

Human team can possibly be allowed to kill eachother, maybe with a penalty to discourage a full Human team slashspamming everything around them to try to kill that one starter zombie.

New maps would be made when that SDK comes out to encourage hiding from the Zombies or that one starter zombie to use stealth and guile to infect.

Humans when dead from a zombie, take 3 seconds to come back up from their place of death as a hungry zombie.

Humans, when killed from a fellow Human, do not come back up but instead join the Zombie team.

Humans would also be spawned not at one single spawn point so trolling Humans can’t doom them from the start.

Zombie Knights can only be played by Human Knights who have been killed by a zombie because knights have too much HP.

• You can count yourself how many times “Zombie Mod” or something similar has been suggested.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/search.php?keywords=zombie&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

• @Dakilven:

If this hasn’t been thought up before:

• This has been posted about a THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE. Zombies = NO!

• I say zombies = yes, but as a mod -OR- “pillage” a game type I suggested in this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8301

• Maybe peasants infected with the black plague lol.

• @Metrocop:

You can count yourself how many times “Zombie Mod” or something similar has been suggested.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/search.php?keywords=zombie&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I know its been suggested before. I wanted to propose my own version however.

• @Metrocop:

You can count yourself how many times “Zombie Mod” or something similar has been suggested.

I know its been suggested before. I wanted to propose my own version however.

• I miss the old days where Resident Evil was the only big zombie game… Now-a-days, everything has to do something with zombies!

So… No support as a mode.

As a mod, I don’t care. Mods are optional.

• I strongly disagree with the addition of zombies in this game.
    -Zombies are fiction

i would much rather play a more realistic, gritty medieval FPS without the “fad” of Zombie Mode…
    C.O.D Zombies is where its @!! Along with many other popular titles.

TIP:
    Focus your idea around a “Survival Mode” rather than specifically mentioning “ZOMBIES”.
    You may get more positive responses. FYI, I’d love to play a co-op survival mode of sorts.

• Its not like the responses are negative, but that the idea has been suggested many times before. To summarize, many people like the idea, but for a mod. To include in the retail game, people prefer some kind of peasant rebellion mode, with a small group of players against hordes of ai controlled peasants.

• @Wingy:

Its not like the responses are negative, but that the idea has been suggested many times before. To summarize, many people like the idea, but for a mod. To include in the retail game, people prefer some kind of peasant rebellion mode, with a small group of players against hordes of ai controlled peasants.

ta da!

• @Wingy:

Its not like the responses are negative, but that the idea has been suggested many times before. To summarize, many people like the idea, but for a mod. To include in the retail game, people prefer some kind of peasant rebellion mode, with a small group of players against hordes of ai controlled peasants.

Yes. Keeping it lore friendly. Peasants haven’t been done before.

• @lemonater47:

It’s been suggested.

• @Hadron:

@lemonater47:

It’s been suggested.

I know I know. Doesn’t change the fact that it hasn’t been done yet.

• @lemonater47:

@Hadron:

@lemonater47:

It’s been suggested.

I know I know. Doesn’t change the fact that it hasn’t been done yet.

True. I hope that the idea that was linked earlier in this thread is implemented - it’d be SO fun :D

• First of all, this game is a medieval from the 11th century?
    Zombies? Unrealistic.

• @Shaggi1:

First of all, this game is a medieval from the 11th century?
    Zombies? Unrealistic.

Incorrect.

This game is not historical.

This game is fictional, to even state that its ‘historical’ just goes to show your lack of knowledge of Medieval history.

A: 11th Century is the 1000s, I.E late Vikings, Normans etc, this game has none of those things nor anything mildly resembling them.

B: Given the vast array of armour types, this game has NO actual time specification in Medieval history. For instance, Vanguards are wearing 13th Century Armour, and Knights (or the heaviest class) are wearing 14th Century/15th century armour. The game encompasses nigh 300 years of armour development and weaponry. Its more like Game of Thrones in character.

As a result, I don’t see a Zombie mode, or indeed any other Fantasy monster mode, peasant mode etc, as an issue. No one will be forcing you at gunpoint to play it whether it is apart of the game or not, any attempt to make out otherwise is just daft. I think it may be quite fun, as the game is already extremely intense, and actually having to get up close and personal with a horrific being would be bucket loads more scary and more intense then the Run and Gun crap you get in other games (Like COD etc)

If they were to add some sort of mythical creature though, I think it would have to be unique, more akin, or based upon an actual medieval monster (or something completely new) and it would have to be sensible, and perhaps require more than just a few swings of your sword to beat.

• From A Poster Here: “…As a result, I don’t see a Zombie mode, or indeed any other Fantasy monster mode, peasant mode etc, as an issue…”

From Chivalry’s F.A.Q.: “No, the lands of Agatha is fictional, but a realistic world. We believe that the magic and fantasy theme is overdone and feeling the excitement and rush of a medieval battlefield is best expressed by stabbing, gutting, impaling and decapitating people.”

Therefore, anything fantasy will NEVER make it to game unless Torn Banner changes their minds. Peasant mode though is a maybe currently.