Reasonable ideas about armor customization

• @HeadStrikeR:

I really wish that they put in more armor option to choose from, while still maintaining the theme of each group, so we get a change from the same old armor and add more variety

Of course it should be only cosmetic and shouldn’t give benefits. Would make me really happy if they consider a more varied armor customisation.

Emblem customization is almost a definitive, we’re just waiting on the devs to confirm it.

• @Hadron:

@HeadStrikeR !:

I really wish that they put in more armor option to choose from, while still maintaining the theme of each group, so we get a change from the same old armor and add more variety

Of course it should be only cosmetic and shouldn’t give benefits. Would make me really happy if they consider a more varied armor customisation.

Emblem customization is almost a definitive, we’re just waiting on the devs to confirm it.

Emblem customization? That sounds a lot like call of duty.

• i definitely support this idea ^^

• @Scribbz:

Emblem customization? That sounds a lot like call of duty.

Yeah it would totally turn Chivalry into a CoD clone if we got the option to put a coat-of-arms on our shields and tabards. Bad enough that there’s a crossbow like in CoD. :?

But seriously, I’m all for customization and personalizing so long as it doesn’t go overboard and the classes still retain their identity.

• ….I can actually see this work. Somewhat. As long as it remains purely cosmetic, not having actual effects in game.

• @Scribbz:

who is a teammate and who is an agathanian rat

Made me lol, I too am a loyal Mason.

Anyway, this style of armor customization sounds fantastic, although I’m not sure if I agree with things like leather shoulder pads letting you swing faster… If it was purely cosmetic that would be totally awesome, especially if there were some things that required alot of skill to unlock (I’m craving more things to unlock right now because I’ve kind of run out lol).

I don’t see what’s wrong with emblem customization, after all didn’t all families have their own coat of arms in medieval times? I don’t think it would make this game exactly like CoD if we had that, this game is far superior to some run and gun game like that. Although I must admit “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” sounds kind of like a play on “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare”…

• @Vrchow:

I don’t see what’s wrong with emblem customization, after all didn’t all families have their own coat of arms in medieval times?

Very true, they did. But I think the guy who replied to me over-thought it, I did mean coats of arms.

• The problem with having customizable coat of arms is that masons have the same coat of arms and so do agathanian rats.

I meant to say leather shoulder pads lets you swing faster than how you would swing wearing plate shoulders.

The armor choices would give small pros and would come with small cons. Basically it’d be like choosing your weapon, do you want the heavy as maul that deals damage but is mega slow or do you want that other hammer that’s a ton faster but weaker. then you would choose which armor you should wear to compliment the armor. Do you want something heavy to be there when you leave yourself open or something to let you still move around a little. letting people experiment and find a set up they like, giving them the feeling that is his/her warrior, and giving people more to do.

I would say adding color customization could be a bad idea, instead maybe a template thing.

T1 - Rustic: rusty old armor
    T2 - worn: armor that has seen many battles
    etc etc

Edit: Also I didn’t over think it hadron, I knew what you meant. It still sounds way to call of duty.

• @Scribbz:

Edit: Also I didn’t over think it hadron, I knew what you meant. It still sounds way to call of duty.

Orly? I think it sounds like what an unknown knight might have done to win recognition.

• Yeah, I support some form of customisation as well, as long as the faction colours and faction crest remain prominent enough to avoid mistakes. I love customisation in every game and I don’t like it that the only thing we get now is bugged helmets that won’t work.