This Is Fucking Bullshit

• this game is so fucking stupidly inconsistant

i love the gameplay but when it is this awfully inconsistant it makes me hate the game….

someone attacks with an overhand, i block facing by crosshair at the wep upwards, i still get hit…

guy is swinging back and forth with left mouse click nonstop over and over, i block to the right at his wep tip, and still get hit, he come back around for teh followthrough swing from the other side so i turn my block to the left and it hits me anyway

this happens about 50% of the time when blocking or parrying, with or without a shield regaurdless of what kind of weps are being used

what the fuck

• What is your latency? Maybe somebody in your family is downloading some stuff while you are playing. I know I have like but then I realize my mom kept watching YouTube videos while I was playing and I was eating up all our bandwidth. The sad thing is she was watching pointless videos of cats and stupid stuff like that so I kicked her off the computer and basically told her that I need the bandwidth and she needs to go cook stuff or something

• @chawe:

What is your latency? Maybe somebody in your family is downloading some stuff while you are playing. I know I have like but then I realize my mom kept watching YouTube videos while I was playing and I was eating up all our bandwidth. The sad thing is she was watching pointless videos of cats and stupid stuff like that so I kicked her off the computer and basically told her that I need the bandwidth and she needs to go cook stuff or something

i dont play on any server that is over 100 ping and i prefer under 50

• Sometimes other people have bad ping and cause the swings to be at weird times… I feel like if someone has anything over 200 ping, they should find another server or start their own or something… 200+ is too high!!

Btw, not to sound rude, but you’ll get a much more positive response when you calm down and come into the forums a bit less hostile… Making your topic “This Is Fucking Bullshit” may cause your post to not be taken as seriously. Just a friendly tip. :)

• I feel the same way about shields. It’s really weird because parrying feels 100% perfect with with moderate latency but shields, even with a good ping can feel very inconsistent. I get that you can manipulate your weapon to get around shields and this is all intentional but it just feels like shields don’t work as often as they should (which I know isn’t the case because sometimes people feel like they’re invulnerable using a shield). I’m probably just bad with shields though so whatever.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Sometimes other people have bad ping and cause the swings to be at weird times… I feel like if someone has anything over 200 ping, they should find another server or start their own or something… 200+ is too high!!

Btw, not to sound rude, but you’ll get a much more positive response when you calm down and come into the forums a bit less hostile… Making your topic “This Is Fucking Bullshit” may cause your post to not be taken as seriously. Just a friendly tip. :)

so fucking over it

i almost always do really well in this game but i HATE dying to something i that shouldnt happen
    when i KNOW i did what i was supposed to do and the game still fucks up

makes me really pissed

• Could you possibly record some gameplay and upload a few clips showing what you’re talking about? It’s hard to know what you’re doing wrong or what kind of bug you may be experiencing just from your explanation.

• @da5id1an:

so fucking over it

i almost always do really well in this game but i HATE dying to something i that shouldnt happen

makes me really pissed

Life’s not fair. Get over that.

• @twincannon:

I feel the same way about shields. It’s really weird because parrying feels 100% perfect with with moderate latency but shields, even with a good ping can feel very inconsistent. I get that you can manipulate your weapon to get around shields and this is all intentional but it just feels like shields don’t work as often as they should (which I know isn’t the case because sometimes people feel like they’re invulnerable using a shield). I’m probably just bad with shields though so whatever.

I find with parrys you make a lot of effort to turn to catch the tip of the weapon. For a long time I was lazy with shields - but you still need to make the effort to aim for their weapon tip otherwise it will get around the shield. When he is face hugging though all bets are off, it is hard to parry.

• There are known animations issues, this happens to me too, but if it’s really happening to you as often as you say it must be some form of latency issue (it matters on their side too).

• @JHoersten2:

@da5id1an:

so fucking over it

makes me really pissed

Life’s not fair. Get over that.

That is not a valuable or intelligent answer. This is a game that can be molded to be entirely fair. If there are genuine issues with parrying, which I feel there are (although it doesn’t happen to me nearly as often as the OP) they need to be looked at and fixed. It frustrates me as well to die because of buggy animations or just being hit when I know I shouldn’t have been.

I really need to get more hard drive space so I can record some footage.

• @UnknownXV:

That is not a valuable or intelligent answer.

The value and/or intelligence of an answer is interpretive based on your perspective. My interpretation of your response is that you do not posses the magnitude of appreciation or intelligence to rightfully judge anyone else’s answers. Thus, your reply and perspective is moot.

• Your previous statement was not meant to present any sort of structured argument. You said that life is not fair. That’s partially true. Life isn’t fair sometimes, but other times it is. I think the goal should be to strive for the latter when we can control it, yes? In the case of this competitive skill based game, obviously it can be made to be completely fair and should be.

Hence why your short condescending jab at the OP is not only in sour taste, but also pointless and without value.

• How now brown cows. Thread locked.

OP, pm your videos to the Goats.