To those that think I am speed hacking….

• Here is the video of me that these guys captured and it looks a lot like the video of Sir Stabby who also claims to not be speed hacking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwU8LRuHc0 Mind that my ping was about 120, per usual for me.

First off I will tell you straight up that for what ever reason, my character appears to be able to out run someone with the same load out. I will also tell you everything I have done to my computer, the hardware, tweaks and optimization along with the changes I made to some of the games ini files so that graphically and lag wise I could actually play this game with my low end computer.

Second, I find that having to defend myself totally repugnant since I have been a leader in this community for years and my reputation should not be at risk. But since there have been accusations of many people low level “speed hacking”, I am putting everything out there so that others that have been accused of speed hacking could be exonerated and for you to decide.

I am not running any extra outside software or hacks, period. It has been like this for me since day one, minus the video and ping lag that I have always have had. When a server gets more than 24 players, my FPS drops to 20or less and becomes unplayable. My ping at it’s best is 88 and usually hovers around 130-160. I looked for UDK tweaks online and found a few that I posted here in the chiv forums. My goal has been to help people tweak their old puters so that they could play this game.

There have been many people bitching about my speed but since for me it was always consistent, I paid no mind too it and chalked it up to my years of experience on AOC with the halberd. A few weeks ago, even clan members were saying I was too fast, but I didn’t believe them so we started running a few races to see and sure enough I was faster. This is when I offered my INI files to a few clan members for testing. Halt Hammerzeit has been running my config ini for about a week and noticed great improvements in FPS actually allowing him to finally play MAA without the fps lag he was experiencing.

So here is my specs:
    <<< System Summary >>>

OS Window 7 Ultimate Professional Media center 64
    Mainboard : Intel DG33BU
    Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2500 MHz Over clocked to 3000 MHZ
    Physical Memory : 6144 MBDDR2-SDRAM
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST3160813AS ATA Device (160GB)
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (500GB)
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (500GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D
    Monitor Type : Philips Philips 150S - 15 inches
    Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL SE198WFP - 19 inches
    Network Card : Intel 82801I
    Tenda Wireless N USB network card W322u v2.o
    Cisco M10 wireless router with QOS set for Chivalry and frame burst enabled
    I play wireless and share my internet with my next door neighbor and have full access to his router which is quite a ways away.

I also use a N52 gaming pad with no macros programed and an old G5 laser mouse.

Here is the list of computer optimizing programs I use.
    Advanced System Care 5 found here: http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
    TCP Optimizer found here: http://www.speedguide.net/
    DisKeeper pro premier 2011 found here: http://www.condusiv.com/products/diskeeper/

Tweaks I have done to my mouse can be found here: http://counterstrikesourcetactics.blogs … guide.html

When I first got the game it wouldn’t even load, total black screen. There are several posts about my problems since the game came out along with many other posts about game and bug issues.
    OCT 27 viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4673
    OCT 31 viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4956
    NOV 01 viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5067
    NOV 04 viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5235 Graphic Tweaks
    NOV 04 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5242
    NOV 10 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5487
    Nov 10 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5506
    NOV 16 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5755 Reported a real speed hacker
    DEC 31 viewtopic.php?f=69&t=8017

So I spent many days over the months trying to find UDK CVAR tweaks to make the game run better. I changed about 4 or 5 over time and they all seemed benign but helpful, the biggest being: set LOWEND which I posted about on NOV 04. I was also tested rate settings since they seemed a lot like AOC and servers have Max Client rate settings and I removed the 62fps cap on the game. So I am posting my CFG and my INI files for you to test and look over to see if you can find what has changed that makes my character run faster.

There is nothing else that I run, no speed hacks that I can turn on or off. Test these at your leisure and let me know if there is any other ini files that need to be tested.

• You said you removed the 62 FPS cap of the game, that might be the reason.

In Mortal Online there was a similiar problem about run-speed (even stamina regeneration!) and FPS, before they capped it at 90.
    Since MO and Chiv are both based on the UE3 Engine it might actually be the reason.

I’d be interested in the lines you’ve actually changed, I used to have lots of custom configs in CoD games, maybe one or another thing could help hitdetection (like cl_maxpackets in Quake Engine games).

• I’m not a game developer but if removing the fps cap makes you move and act faster, something is seriously wrong with the game engine. Rendering and game logic should be independent of each other. Typically a game will have a fixed frame rate for logic and a variable frame rate for rendering, though it sometimes is capped. This allows the game logic to continue unhindered in the event of rendering slow downs and for rendering frames to be skipped altogether if necessary.

• I witnessed this myself and retsnom does move faster than me at walking speed as vangaurd but I don’t see it as speed hacks. After seeing several hackers already, we’ve noticed that speed hacks give that pushing effect where it looks like they are warping to a location but retsnom just walks faster.

there has been a topic about this on another forum:

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread. … -Look-here!
    The original poster states: “Also note that uncapping the FPS will cause parts of the the UI to run at an increased speed. A minor side effect.” ~DAOWAce

I’m pretty sure retsnom just found an exploit in the engine using the .ini files as he tries to find way to make the game playable on his computer but it still is a fact that being able the change the walk speed using .ini is advantageous to only one person. I would really recommend nobody tries this and that retsnom or anyone who has done this to remove it ASAP as it can make you seem like a hacker or a devious exploiter.

I’m not a programmer and im not sure if there are ties between fps cap and game speeds but I’ve known retsnom for many years and we’ve gone through some bad times but he’s not the kind of person who would speed hack, his ego is too big for him to disgrace himself with speed hacks. He’s also pretty good at the game I don’t see why he would taint all the time he spent practicing his skill to just throw on speed hacks.

However Retsnom, remove that shit off your game man, clear the folders, directory, and any mods or w/e it just doesn’t seem right to sue these files.

• Seems pointless to come here and “defend” yourself with the next patch bringing in increased cheat detection. If you’re not cheating, great. If you are, hopefully you get banned. Simple.

• Terrible. Terrible engine.

• @JHoersten2:

Seems pointless to come here and “defend” yourself with the next patch bringing in increased cheat detection. If you’re not cheating, great. If you are, hopefully you get banned. Simple.

Being the leader of a competitive clan with 7 years of gameplay and your reputation as well as the clan’s on the line? Yea, pointless.

I’ve been working with Retsnom for over a week, trying to find out what could be different. I’ve applied all of his configuration and run the same tweaks, though I haven’t been able to reproduce it.

I’ve met Retsnom in person and he is a standup individual who focuses on preservation of the game. Being that there are some bumps in the road between certain individuals, that have influence within the community, with both Ret and Kila; this definately needed to be addressed publicly.

• Looks like you are cheating to me. You move faster, and swing faster.

scum.

• Your ping was 96 in the video, not 120.

Does retsnom move faster than other vanguards?
    Yes.

Then he is cheating. See you around.

• @Mashuu:

Looks like you are cheating to me. You move faster, and swing faster.

scum.

Nice, way to pronounce guilty till proven innocent. On top of being a douche nozzle.

The point here is that the game has tons of video and lag issues and it varies across different platforms. I have tried to maximize the playability of the horrible FPS and lag issues that many suffer even with high end systems. I have posted all that I have found as well as others have.

So please, tell me how I am scum? What have you done over the years to help the game and the community? It’s ok, I’ll wait….

Lifting the fps cap of 62 should have no effect on game timing. Neither should tweaking my network card and settings. I did this with Age of Chivalry as well as many graphic tweaks with the HL2 engine to make the game playable and I shared them with many players over the years. I have helped more players with their game/computer issues over the years. I have configed, ran and operated some of the best AOC servers for years. This game suffers more than most when it comes to fps and lag, it is far from a perfect and stable engine.

The other thing is that I have played halberd since 2007 and I know how to take on many players at once, regardless of speed. Those are tactical issuses that you learn over time. Those who have played with me over the years know what i am capable of, skill wise and this is what you see in the video when I take on many players at once.

But like any gamer, most upper level players tweak their configs to get the maximum performance out of their systems specially if it is an older system so that they can play the game. There should not be anything client side tweaks that effect the server side speed. As servers have min/max on most all settings. I also know I am not alone in having some slight speed advantages as there are others that are as well yet the first thing everyone screams is speed hacker… please…

MY monitor has a 75 mhz, I wanted to take full advantage of it’s refresh rate but the default settings in game gave me horrible tearing and mouse/video lag on top of my shitty pings. The only option is to spend tons of money on a new system or turn shit off beyond the main video settings. Considering I had just spent $200 of money I really shouldn’t have spent on the graphics card and the 6 gigs of ram, the game barely ran well at 800x600 until I started tweaking my system and cfg files.

Running custom configs is nothing new to any game. And any benefits I have found I have posted here and to my clan mates as proof by my history of posts on this forum. There is noting illegal or hacking I have done. That is why I posted this and all of my config ini.

So instead of being a douche, why dont you try my configs, test them out yourself and help us solve the issue instead of crying foul?

If I am forced to go back to default setting, the game will render unplayable in servers with more than 10 players. SO where is the cheat? Prove to me that what little I have done to my system is a cheat. Test the configs yourself, that is why I posted them. If there is something that I have done to make this game playable, gives me an advantage then I will change that IF it is proven to be the cause.

There is opportunity here for the devs to fix these issues. I have many posts over the months about this game’s severely lacking optimizations of maps and models. Players shouldn’t have to go and tweak their systems and the game settings just to make the game playable on their machine. Hell I will not even go into a sever with more than 24 players because the FPS and lag sucks so much. This says more about the engine and game design than it does for me trying to make the game playable.

Do you really think I would be here so adamantly defending myself with all the proof on my side? I am no Lance Armstrong and you can think what you will.

• @bada:

Your ping was 96 in the video, not 120.

Does retsnom move faster than other vanguards?
    Yes.

Then he is cheating. See you around.

Wow really dude? I expected more from you. Did you even read the post before you pronounce me guilty?

My ping is always fluctuating between 88-160 and everyone who has played with me for years can confirm that my internet and computers suck. And if that is your only argument, that my ping is not what I say it does then that is on you.

There is nothing wrong with trying to tweak your system for max performance and helping others with their systems as my many posts prove this to be the case. How about you help us out in figuring what is the cause instead of being a douche? Test the configs for yourself. They are minor graphic changes for better performance. IF there is a setting that is proven to be the cause then let the devs fix the problem. That is why I have posted everything. IF there is more that needs to be looked at ini wise I will gladly post them up for all to test.

SO compare my ini files with your default ones. See if you get a boost in FPS or speed for that matter. Try the optimization programs I use and see if those tweaks are the cause. We have been testing this for a few weeks once I was convinced of the speed. We really have no idea what is the cause. And to be honest I am not smart enough to program any hacks. This seems to be either an inadvertent exploit that we cannot find or there is something wrong with the engine. Plain and simple.

I have been around a shit ton longer than you with this game and it’s development, helped more players and clans than you are aware of. There is no motivation for me to cheat specially since I have even reported speed hackers. Do you really believe that being the leader in one of the oldest AOC/Chiv clans, that I would stoop that low? Get a grip. There is obviously something wrong with the game engine and or the config. Help test it instead of being a bitch and jumping on the ignorant assuming bandwagon.

• If something is really wrong here - and many people seem to think so - then someone should take a look into this as the OP might be just a victim of some unexpected error. Fixing the problem by killing the man who has shown there is a problem in the first place isn’t going to solve this issue on its own. Unless he is really cheating, but that’s not up to me to decide.

• @Holy.Death:

If something is really wrong here - and many people seem to think so - then someone should take a look into this as the OP might be just a victim of some unexpected error. Fixing the problem by killing the man who has shown there is a problem in the first place isn’t going to solve this issue on its own. Unless he is really cheating, but that’s not up to me to decide.

Thank You…

• @Halt:

Being the leader of a competitive clan with 7 years of gameplay and your reputation as well as the clan’s on the line? Yea, pointless.

Yea, it IS pointless and obviously intelligence doesn’t stretch far between the two of you. These forums are full of rage, whining, and insulting - yet he must come “clear his name” on them? And he is surprised when people don’t accept him with open arms? lmao - really?

Get a clue, you two. This is a perfect example of what happens when you think you’re a “somebody” online. I don’t care about him, his clan, nor either of their reputations. Hell, never heard of him. He’s a nobody, and so are you. Get over yourselves.

As I laid out plain and simple in my previous post: If he’s not cheating, great. If he is, I’ll smile as he’s banned. Coming on the forums to craft a post of hearsay does nothing though, except invite criticism and negativity.

Thanks, that’s just what the community needed.

• I’ve known ret for a while and he obviously doesnt hack.

• @JHoersten2:

@Halt:

Yea, it IS pointless and obviously intelligence doesn’t stretch far between the two of you. These forums are full of rage, whining, and insulting - yet he must come “clear his name” on them? And he is surprised when people don’t accept him with open arms? lmao - really?

Get a clue, you two. This is a perfect example of what happens when you think you’re a “somebody” online. I don’t care about him, his clan, nor either of their reputations. Hell, never heard of him. He’s a nobody, and so are you. Get over yourselves.

As I laid out plain and simple in my previous post: If he’s not cheating, great. If he is, I’ll smile as he’s banned. Coming on the forums to craft a post of hearsay does nothing though, except invite criticism and negativity.

Thanks, that’s just what the community needed.

Kettle meet pot…. WHO THE F ARE YOU? It’s ok, I will wait… what have you done for this game and or community over the short little time you have been around? again, I’ll wait…

Sorry, I didn’t realize that you were a Mensa member…

I realize that the competitive clan thing isnt your thing but to those of us that have been around for years, it is a big deal, specially when accusations of guilt are flying around the bitch rumor mill that this is. There is lots of bitching and moaning about this game for far too many reasons. Just got to the tech support/bug thread not to mention all the other threads.

It is a big deal if I and my clan are not allowed to play in competitive matches. It will not be fair to all my clan members and future recruits if the name is soiled. It will not be fair if I get kicked or banned from a game over client side performance tweaks. Even worse, if the “cheat detector” creates a false positive. I know those are some complex ideas for someone of your mental caliber to comprehend. But if you were falsely accused of hacking and banned I think you would want to defend yourself.

This is a preemptive strike with all known information laid out for all to test for themselves. If it is dramatic, welcome to the Chiv community. Why wouldn’t you want to test performance tweaks if it helps your game? How about that? Instead of jumping on the flame war? I know, right? What is the fun in that, when you can just troll and not have to do any work on your own with testing configs? Heaven forbid if these tweaks help other players with older machines. It must be a hack…

• Why do you care so much?

• Honestly, it’s probably game engine. That’s the most suspicious thing to me. Regardless, there should be security checks for that kind of thing in both, server and client