A much better idea for duel mode

• Ok so I have a much better and more competitive idea for duel mode.

Basically, have a map shaped like this

| | | | | |
    | | | | | |
    –----------------
    | | | | | |
    | | | | | |

| | | | | |
    | | | | | |

And basically what it is, is 3 a bunch of hallways, with doors in between.

Now, people spawn on each side of the hallway, and have to face each other, maybe not even hallways, but specific “dueling” areas. like mini-arena type maps.

its 1v1, and then the winner gets his health regenerated.

Then he walks through the door, into the next hallway, to face his next opponent.

The next opponent is someone who just did the exact same thing, and won.

So now its the 2 winners face each other.

Then the winners of those, go into a next round with the winners who won that round.

And basically, it ends, with the guy who beat everyone. At the end of the game, the “winner” is the person who never died, and beat all his opponents.

Another idea, is basically, an arena style map, with a viewing area for idle players to watch

2 players are spawned in the arena, and the winner moves onto the next round, where the next player (one of the idle players watching) becomes a combatent.

so basically, its 1v1, and the winner goes onto fight the next guy.

If hes good, maybe he beats all the players in the server, and wins.

Maybe he dies right away and the winner fights the next guy.

Maybe he beats 3 people then dies, in which case, his score is “3”

the person at the end who survived the most rounds wins.

so basically…

its 2 players in an arena

the winner goes onto the next round (with full health)

all the players in the server eventually participate ( and those who arnt fighting watch)

the winner is the one who survived the most rounds.

• nope.

• Agreed.

Ignore that retard.

Microwar maps on WC3/SC:Broodwar owned and had a similar layout.

• I like it ignore that trans.

• neck grows 2 feet NOPE.

• Actually the best suggestion I’ve ever seen posted on this site.

Seriously.

• @MUSASHI:

Actually the best suggestion I’ve ever seen posted on this site.

Seriously.

Doubt it.

• I kinda like the idea. But I wouldn’t call it a duel mode, tournament would be more appropriate. I think it’s vital for a duel mode that you negiotiate the fight in advance with an opponent. Freedom of choice and all that. But a new gamemode? Why not? ^^
    Spectator ranks for slain players that allow to watch the other duels would also be great, otherwise i think people would bore-quit all the time.
    [edit] They should also be able to throw rotten eggs and tomatoes from the ranks. :D [/edit]

• @carrion:

I kinda like the idea. But I wouldn’t call it a duel mode, tournament would be more appropriate. I think it’s vital for a duel mode that you negiotiate the fight in advance with an opponent. Freedom of choice and all that. But a new gamemode? Why not? ^^
    Spectator ranks for slain players that allow to watch the other duels would also be great, otherwise i think people would bore-quit all the time.
    [edit] They should also be able to throw rotten eggs and tomatoes from the ranks. :D [/edit]

Bwahaha! I’d support this as a tournament, but I love the idea about throwing stuff from the stands ahahahaah :D