Increase Thrown Weapon Pickup Radius

• As we all know, throwing weapons are problematic in that when thrown at a surface, they sometimes disappear. Occasionally you can still pick them up, but you can’t really see them.

A simple stopgap solution is to merely increase the distance from which you can automatically pick them up.

Minor, and unrealistic (not that that matters), but I feel that combined with the new “pickup from dead” mechanic, this would make throwing weapons much more pleasurable to use.

• @NikolaiLev:

… I feel that combined with the new “pickup from dead” mechanic, this would make throwing weapons much more pleasurable to use.

Didn’t realise that this is in the patch, time to read the notes again me thinks…

Top effort Devs, what about trees, walls etc viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8754#p75651

• @Reginhard:

@NikolaiLev:

… I feel that combined with the new “pickup from dead” mechanic, this would make throwing weapons much more pleasurable to use.

Didn’t realise that this is in the patch, time to read the notes again me thinks…

I found this out while playing a bot match. It was great using the same throwing axe on multiple enemies. However, this did not work out in an actual online match. At least, not with javelins (where it’s probably the most important).

• @NikolaiLev:

@Reginhard:

@NikolaiLev:

I found this out while playing a bot match. It was great using the same throwing axe on multiple enemies. However, this did not work out in an actual online match. At least, not with javelins (where it’s probably the most important).

Oh so it’s always been there… interesting. I’m almost exclusively Knight with shield so I didn’t notice until I played a few knife fights. Still it could be so much better IMO as described in the link above.

• The mechanic of picking up throwing weapons has been there from the beginning, BUT there has been an elusive bug where the weapons would disappear when colliding with objects or people (vs just the terrain).

• @ReMixx:

The mechanic of picking up throwing weapons has been there from the beginning, BUT there has been an elusive bug where the weapons would disappear when colliding with objects or people (vs just the terrain).

But this seems rarer in local bot matches. Like I mentioned, I was finding my thrown weapons fairly often. Almost every enemy corpse would have a thrown weapon on it, though it was less reliable for terrain.

In multiplayer games? I never find my weapons lying around, not on corpses nor on terrain.

• @NikolaiLev:

@ReMixx:

The mechanic of picking up throwing weapons has been there from the beginning, BUT there has been an elusive bug where the weapons would disappear when colliding with objects or people (vs just the terrain).

But this seems rarer in local bot matches. Like I mentioned, I was finding my thrown weapons fairly often. Almost every enemy corpse would have a thrown weapon on it, though it was less reliable for terrain.

In multiplayer games? I never find my weapons lying around, not on corpses nor on terrain.

I do. Sometime I don’t run out of my throwing weapons unless I miss. Whenever I run over a corpse I get my stuff back.

Though bodies are client side things. And the spent weapon will be somewhere else. Where the body is located on he server rather than located where you see the body. That’s why you are people Missing swings at a dead body because on their screen its in a different place.